Marcel’s Quantum Kitchen to debut on SyFy channel....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am afraid I will be missing this one. I think Marcel is very good at what he does, but he is just a little too "out there" for my personal tastes. This is just MHO though. I am sure it will be an interesting show for those who are into the whole molecular gastronomy thing.

I am afraid I will be missing this one. I think Marcel is very good at what he does, but he is just a little too "out there" for my personal tastes. This is just MHO though. I am sure it will be an interesting show for those who are into the whole molecular gastronomy thing.

That makes his food special. Why go for a regular steak when you can go with molecular food.

What makes his kitchen "Quantum"? Seems a bit of a stretch for someone doing molecular gastronomy. I tend to avoid media that misuses terms such as "Quantum", "Turbo", and "High Definition".

That makes his food special. Why go for a regular steak when you can go with molecular food.
As I said above, he is good at what he does, it is just not a show that interests me personally. I hope it works out for him as he is talented.

I'll be passing. Just don't like what I've seen of him in the various shows he's been on, even when he's been the sous chef and not been in the running for a prize.

As to "Quantum," just another incidence of media hyperbole.

Karen

What makes his kitchen "Quantum"? Seems a bit of a stretch for someone doing molecular gastronomy. I tend to avoid media that misuses terms such as "Quantum", "Turbo", and "High Definition".

When you deal with his kind of cooking you are using a lot of special gadgets and pieces of machinery to make food. This is stuff you will not find at a regular chain restaurant.

Eddie Munster!:wacko: Too many shows highlighting idiots these days. His show might not rate on the "How low will you go" meter like "Dog the Bounty Hunter", "Kate plus Eight" or "19 Kids and Counting" , but it is something I'll never see.

Craig

Last edited:
I was not impressed with the show.
+1,..too much smoke and mirrors. And I just have no interest in these molecular gastronomy cuisine like that Jose Andres. I can't stand that guy and his pretentious minions of robot chefs. He makes it as though the common eater doesn't have any idea what we're missing out on and that food should be fun and exciting. :unsure:

I mean Cmon, who want's to eat itty bitty teaspoonful of food that's "supposedly" taste like a pizza or hamburger. Why not just eat the real thing Jeez. No thank you, I'll stick with normal food that I can chew and enjoy. Every time I see him my blood boils, honestly he's like the only food personality that I despise, I just think he's full of himself and his self righteous crap.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom