Wednesday, March 23 - What's on your menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
Omigosh! It's 2 p.m. here and no one's posted yet. Must be so nice everyone is outside and has no thoughts of tonight's meal.

Ours is done. Made it ahead. Just have to warm it and serve it when we're hungry.

We're having chicken simmered in homemade marinara (canned from our garden last year) with minced onions, garlic and red wine, bow tie pasta, Italian green beans (also from the garden), mustard greens (picked from the garden this morning), iced tea, and fresh lemon cake.

Well.............everyone else?;) What say you?

Pepper steak over jasmine rice. Sadly, none of which came from a garden or are the results of our canning efforts.

I'm thinking creamed asparagus over biscuits and two or three pieces of rope sausage on the side. I might even cook a SSU egg or two for the top of the asparagus.

I just broke out the pressure cooker and cooked up some garbanzo beans for hummus.

I have everything chopped to make my Mediterranean pasta salad (sun dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, spinach, kalamata olives + feta) and the water is a'boiling for the orzo. I think that just calls out for chicken panini to go with it!

I took a small London Broil out of the freezer then later DS texted he wants to come for dinner. The roast is not big enough for 3 so will make meatloaf with the hamburger in fridge. Mashed taters and green beans maybe salads.

Leftovers! The bfd and I have gone low-carb and we are trying to keep it interesting (staying away from constantly eating grilled meat/salad combo). Tonight it's leftover cheesy southwestern pork chops and wings lol. The wings are usually so bad for you calorie-wise, but great on low carb...
I have posted a couple of recipes this week on my blog (on my profile) if anyone is interested- but I am also hoping someone might have some new low carb ideas they can pitch my way!!!

Chicken cacciatore and fried rice (cold, cooked, brown basmati fried up with sesame seeds). I'm still trying to decide on veg.

Just got back from the vet. Our dog ended up lame for some reason. My wife and daughter are gone to Kids Club, so it was just a ham, provalone, hot banana pepper sandwich, with a side of potato chips for me.

We had cubed steaks. I had mine with mushrooms, onions, and gravy, SOs was plain with mushrooms and onions on top. I also made buttered noodles and snap peas.

I have medtran49's Italian-Gravy Style Pot Roast on the stove now. If it is as good as it smells, this will be an awesome dinner! Doing mashed potatoes to soak up some of that gravy and steamed snow peas.

I'd love to make biscuits, but don't have time to make both regular and gluten free so it will be the potatoes and some bread to sop up all the goodness!

I never took anything out to thaw, so I will grab something out of the freezer when I get hungry. Probably taquitos.

Just got back from the vet. Our dog ended up lame for some reason. My wife and daughter are gone to Kids Club, so it was just a ham, provalone, hot banana pepper sandwich, with a side of potato chips for me.

Hope he/she is okay! The sandwich sounds great.

I'm roasting a beef heart to be medium rare (treated it like a rolled beef roast--garlic, onion, red wine, mushroom broth, pepper). DH doesn't eat organ meat (heart is muscle, so it isn't considered an organ meat per se). Oh, and I splashed a bit of vinegar inside it. I plan on slicing it thin, and and making an open-faced sandwich on homemade french bread with horseradish...and homemade beet pickles...yum.

Hope he/she is okay! The sandwich sounds great.

I'm roasting a beef heart to be medium rare (treated it like a rolled beef roast--garlic, onion, red wine, mushroom broth, pepper). DH doesn't eat organ meat (heart is muscle, so it isn't considered an organ meat per se). Oh, and I splashed a bit of vinegar inside it. I plan on slicing it thin, and and making an open-faced sandwich on homemade french bread with horseradish...and homemade beet pickles...yum.

Thanks. The vet couldn't find anything. We will wait a couple of days and if things haven't improved then we will return for x rays. I found what looked like a Porcupine quill in his lip, so maybe he has one or more deep in his paw. It was a wasted trip.

My sanwich was fine, thanks. I have never tried beef heart. Sounds good.

Leftovers! The bfd and I have gone low-carb and we are trying to keep it interesting (staying away from constantly eating grilled meat/salad combo). Tonight it's leftover cheesy southwestern pork chops and wings lol. The wings are usually so bad for you calorie-wise, but great on low carb...
I have posted a couple of recipes this week on my blog (on my profile) if anyone is interested- but I am also hoping someone might have some new low carb ideas they can pitch my way!!!
To make a low carb. pizza use a portabella mushroom for the pizza crust. Top with alfredo, chicen, bacon & cheese. There are several variations to toppings, whatever you like.

Back
Top Bottom