What's cooking for dinner Saturday, March 26

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
Everyone must be busy--here it is noon and no one's thinking Saturday night dinner...

Well, since the DH roasted a turkey the other night, I have to do something with the leftovers. I made stock yesterday. I'm going to make a soup inspired by Turkey Dinner Soup from Jean Pare's Company's Coming Soups (c) 2008.

The ingredients I use are turkey stock, dried cremini mushrooms, wild rice (we didn't stuff the bird--so no leftover wildrice stuffing, just MN wild rice), leftover mashed potatoes, turkey gravy, celery, carrots, onion, seasonings (bay, sage, parsley, thyme, S&P), cranberry salsa (a couple of tablespoons--I didn't grind the cranberries, so they are whole), evaporated 1% milk, a couple of drops of liquid smoke, and leftover thigh and breast meat. I'll probably do some dinner rolls or bb biscuits on the side.

Here are links to two recipes that are similar to the one in Company's Coming:

After-Thanksgiving Turkey Soup Recipe | Taste of Home Recipes

Christmas Dinner Soup - Modified By Twissis Recipe - Christmas.Food.com - 197603

Tomorrow it is turkey casserole with mushrooms, bow-tie noodles, sour cream (maybe I'll try greek yogurt), 4 cups of leftover turkey, evap. milk, grated monterey jack cheese with jalapenos, celery and edamene. (Judging by the size of the pan, it should serve 8-10--here it serves 2 dinner portions and 2 lunch portions). Everytime I take this s/place or give it to someone, they want the recipe...don't know why. It is almost like tuna casserole. ... I don't measure, but I guess I could tomorrow.

There are still lots of leftovers in the fridge from the week as well as left over fish and sea food from yesterday's dinner. So I think it will be a left-over night tonight.

I'm thinking of it, CW.
I'm thinking I have no idea what I am hungry for tonight.

I've decided that I'm going to use up the last of the pastrami I made in one blaze of glory sandwich... or would that be Blades of Glory?
blades.jpg
:LOL:
Along with some fronch fries and a little mushroom gratin using shallots AND garlic :mrgreen: Some dill pickles will be in there somewhere, too.

There are still lots of leftovers in the fridge from the week as well as left over fish and sea food from yesterday's dinner. So I think it will be a left-over night tonight.

I had a big salad and the left over fried fish, clams, oysters, and 1/2 a crab cake. YUM!!!!!! SO is not feeling well so not eating dinner. :(

Still not up to par and I have shopping to do a bit later. Conserving my energy! Soup and sandwich night.

thawed out a serving of white beans and ham. going to make cornbread later. still have lemon cheesecake bars for dessert. not very lemony but oh well. will toss the recipe.

Put a fork in us, we're done.

We had shrimp and pasta salad with baby peas on a bed of romaine, cream of mushroom soup (per Mastering the Art of French Cooking), iced tea and carrot cake with cream cheese icing.

The soup was inspired by our recent viewing of Julie and Julia. Glenn loved the movie and loved the soup. Yeah!!!!

I've decided that I'm going to use up the last of the pastrami I made in one blaze of glory sandwich... or would that be Blades of Glory?
View attachment 10345
:LOL:
Along with some fronch fries and a little mushroom gratin using shallots AND garlic :mrgreen: Some dill pickles will be in there somewhere, too.

I was thinking like you were, but I had taken the Tomorrow Soup and kicked it up by adding some tiny baby carrots (very flavorful), and a half package of split peas, so that's dinner tonight.:chef:

I marinated some chicken in buttermilk and franks hot sauce and now making oven fried chicken with it.

I also am making green benn casserole but with fresh broccoli instead.

Sorry, that was Turkey Soup, and it was very good. I'll make some drop biscuits or cornbread to go with the leftovers.

Garlic and basil linguine with tomato burgundy sauce topped with fresh grated Romano and Parmesan cheeses and salad (green and red butter lettuce, tomato, cucumber, toasted sesame seeds and sliced almonds) dressed with blue cheese dressing.
img_983483_0_53a9ce3f1be8429553709cc46f1d82ad.jpg

Did a big shopping, so I picked up rotisserie chicken at Costco.

We had that with steamed, sliced potatoes (very quick) and cucumber salad, that was already made.

Planned chicken curry, but it was so cold and rainy went with arroz con pollo instead; almost the same dish, but with a different density.

We stopped on our way home from West Columbia at Popeye's Chicken. It was our first time (I might have had it about 20 years ago) and wow, it blew KFC out of the water! We ended up going back through the drive-through and got a box of chicken for later.

Back
Top Bottom