Grilled Lemon-Sage Chicken (TNT)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SierraCook

Master Chef
This recipe is so good and easy. I had it with brown rice and steamed asparagus. This recipe is from the American Heart Association 25th Anniversary Cookbook.

Grilled Lemon-Sage Chicken

Marinade

1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped fresh sage leaves
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns, cracked
1/2 teaspoon salt, optional

6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, all visible fat removed

In an airtight plastic bag, combine marinade ingredients. Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Put chicken smooth side up between two sheets of plastic wrap. Lightly flatten chicken halves to 1/4-inch thickness. Add chicken to marinade and turn to coat evenly. Seal and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight, turning bag occasionally. Discard marinade. Preheat grill to medium-high. Grill chicken for 6-7 minutes on each side, or until done.

Thanks and the best thing is that it was so easy. I am going to try a couple of other recipes out of this book and if they are just as good I will post them, too.

Costco has started selling chicken breasts in a big package by Foster Farms in which each half breast is individually vacuum packed. That makes it so much easier than having to come home and repackage all those chicken breasts in individual packages.

i sometimes make lemon/sage game hens, but i' going to try your marinade for the hen i have thawing in the fridge for tomorrow (those little things take 2 days to thaw!). i coat it w/ softened butter and garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and lots of ground sage and lemon zest, then stuff the cavity with really small pieces of lemon alternated with a smashed garlic clove. it's really good and aromatic. the combination of your marinade and my regular recipe should make for a really good little hen. :D

SierraCook said:
Thanks and the best thing is that it was so easy. I am going to try a couple of other recipes out of this book and if they are just as good I will post them, too.

Costco has started selling chicken breasts in a big package by Foster Farms in which each half breast is individually vacuum packed. That makes it so much easier than having to come home and repackage all those chicken breasts in individual packages.

I found those at costco as well, saves me a lot of time and $$ because I do not have to come home and foodsaver them.

Back
Top Bottom