Tuesday 3/29/11 What's Cooking Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
It's early for dinner plans, but I'll be making up some Wild Rice Medley using some of the Bok Choy Soup for the liquid.

The recipe makes 4 nice qt. size bags for the freezer. They are handy for thawing and adding some seasoned meat and/or vegetables for a quick and easy one pot meal.

What are you cooking today?:chef:

Grilled pork on a stick. You can use chicken also. A basic marinade is lemon juice, garlic, oregano, olive oil. A classic Greek dish.

I like it!

I'm going to make up more of the pineapple/brown sugar/soy/ginger marinade to use up the rest of the pineapple can. It worked so well with the pork chops I thought it would be good for using up some cooked chicken.

I'm just going to make up the marinade and reduce it first, then add the cooked chicken and marinade it until this evening; then mix it with some of the Wild Rice I'm making with Bok Choy Soup and heat for dinner.:chef:

I recently purchased a non-stick, 6-cup popover pan - the one that Alton Brown used on Good Eats. (BB&B - $17.99) It's cold and rainy outdoors, so I thought today is a good day to give it a try.

I'm doing my best to finish up the soup I made the other night, I just finished a big mug full, and I think I might finish off the fajitas I made last night sometime later today. I may not actually have a true dinnertime meal. Actually, I think I'll put the fajita mixture on some rice, since I remembered using up my last tortillas last night.

Dinner will probably be chili.

This was Breakfast – Chopped onion sautéed in butter, scrambled egg added and cooked till set, served on a lightly buttered poppy seed roll with American cheese.

img_984393_0_153e173849bdc508662e26bd1bf10756.jpg

Using the last of the hamburger in the fridge, I'll make taco meat and serve it with flour tortillas, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes and cheese. Make your own. I also picked up some chips and will make some Oklahoma Caviar. DH prefers that to salsa.

I am making some potato salad to go with the 4 dozen oysters I got. Plan on sitting on the patio, with the heater to take the chill off, shucking and eating some oysters.

Yum.

think it's also a quick black bean and ground beef chili night..BUT if i feel super happy tonight i may just make a beef pie of some kind...

Using the last of the hamburger in the fridge, I'll make taco meat and serve it with flour tortillas, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes and cheese. Make your own. I also picked up some chips and will make some Oklahoma Caviar. DH prefers that to salsa.

OKlahoma Caviar? Please elaborate, thanks.:chef:

I am making some potato salad to go with the 4 dozen oysters I got. Plan on sitting on the patio, with the heater to take the chill off, shucking and eating some oysters.

Yum.
Any tips, Frank, on how to shuck oysters? Many of the oysters that we harvest are shut so tightly that the shell will often fracture when prying them open enough to cut their muscle.

OKlahoma Caviar? Please elaborate, thanks.:chef:

If I remember correctly, it's a dip/salsa-like mixture that's made of black beans and has yummy spices like cilantro, garlic, etc.

For dinner tonight in our house, we're having meatloaf, mashed potatoes, pickled beets (canned last fall), green beans, green onions, radishes, iced tea and the last of the carrot cake.

It's chilly and rainy here, so comfort food is definitely in order.

Back
Top Bottom