GCCConvenience Dessert Goodweed of the North

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
GCCConvenience Dessert

Goodweed’s French Vanilla Ice Cream with Stuff

For my desert, I made a French Vanilla Ice Cream with Bits. I had three guests over to try it out. They loved it. Here are some of the comments:

“I give this two thumbs up. It’s deliscous, smooth and creamy. The chunks of goodies really make this ice cream something great. The colors are really playful. How’d you get them into the ice cream.”

‘You should sell this recipe to an ice cream company. It’s really good.”

“When are you going to teach me to make this?”

“Can I have some more?”

“Wow! You made this? How’d you make it? It’s really good.”

My own, more objective critique is: The texture is smooth and creamy, with a delicate, but pronounced vanilla flavor. The bits included cmall pieces of chopped Snickers Candy Bar, which were harder than I thought they would be. But they melted quickly in the mouth and added a great chocolate and pianut flavor. Also included were plain M&M’s that were stirred in while the ice cream was soft. When the ice cream was stirred to distribute the candy, the food colors from the M&M’s made vibrant stripes through the ice cream. Finally, an extra large Cadbury Caramello bar was cut into sections and added. They were chewy, but not hard, and added a wonderful chocloate and caramel flavor to the ice cream.

The chocolate sauce was smooth, rich and creamy, but not overpowering. All and all, the desert was more than satisfying. I was very happy with the results. All of the ingredients for this dessert came from a Holiday Convenience store, except the vanilla beans.

Ingredients:
4 dupw Half ‘n Half
3 vanilla beans
8 large egg yolks
¾ cup sugar
¼ tsp. salt
2 Large Hersey Milk Chocolate Bars
1 Large Cadbury Caramello Bar
1 Snickers bar
2 packages M&M chocolate Candies

In a large bowl, combine ½ of the sugar and the 8 egg yolks.Stir with a wire whisk unti lcreamy smooth.

Heat the Half ‘n Half in a 2 quart sauce pan until hot, but not simmering. Add the remaining sugar and stir to dissolve. Split the vanila beans lengthwise and scrape the inside flesh and seeds away with a sharp knife tip. Add the scraped flesh and seeds to the pan. Slice the vanilla pods into thirds and add to the pan. Stir for 2 minutes over low heat. Remove from heat and let stand for ten minutes.

Slowly pour a stream of the hot milk into the egg yolk/sugar mixture while whisking. Continue until half of the milk is added. Pour the milk/egg mixture back into the pan and turn heat to medium. Stir constantly until the custard just begins to thicken. Dip a tablespoon into the custard. It should coar the spoon without dripping. Remove fro heat and pour the custard through a fine mesh strainer, and into a suitable stainless steel container. Place the bowl into a clean snowbank to chill.

After 30 minutes has passed, check the custard. It should be cold to the touch. Pour into your ice cream maker and follow the applieance directions. When the ice cream is set, transfer to a freezer safe container and stir in the M&Ms. Cut the Snickers bar length wise, and then into bits. Cut the Caramello into squares. Stir the candy into the ice cream. Place plastic film into the bowl so that it is touching the ice cream surface. Place in the freezer overnight to set.

Chocolate Sauce:
Add ½ cup milk, plus ¼ cup sugar to a double boiler over medium heat. Break up and add the Hershey bar. Melt the chcolate into the milk/sugar mixture and stir until smooth. Chill in the fridge. Use to top the ice cream when served.

Yum!

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Attachments

• Ice Cream.jpg
    Ice Cream.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 239
A very "convenient" meal all around!!! :LOL:

I'm copying that ice cream recipe. My new ice cream maker has been begging me to make some frozen custard!!!! The Frozen yogurt wasn't much to it's liking. :ROFLMAO:

Wow. This sounds just great! I may have to run out to 7-11!

The idea of making ice cream out of ingredients from a place that is noted for selling it is brilliant. I discounted the ice cream, other than for my beverage, because it felt too "obvious". Yours is divine!

Thanks everyone. There's only one problem with the ice cream that I made. Now my DW knows that I can make ice cream, in just about any flavor I want. I see a lot of ice cream in my future.:ROFLMAO:

I'm suprised that UncleBob doesn't join in the fun. With that campfire grill rig that he showed us, he could grill us some ice cream. Sounds good to me.;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom