Kitchen Floor Mats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
I thought there might have been a thread on this already, but didn't see one. Has anyone bought those anti-fatigue (or whatever; several brands out there) floor mats? I keep hoping they'll come in brighter colors eventually, but now my 10 year old braided rugs have to go and I want something more practical. Rather than try for a colorful accent, I've decided to go with something as close to the floor color as possible. Anyone bought them? What do you think, and which brand(s)?

I bought those "fatique mats" at Home Depot--the ones that are like puzzle pieces for kids--for my Newfoundland when he couldn't get up on the laminate flooring (I had over $500 of those mats--put them everywhere in the house). My complaint was that sand collected under them--but, he could get up on them. I think that the fact I had those for the last 2 years of his life did mean that I could keep him comfortable longer than I could've if I hadn't bought the mats. They are easy to clean...just toss them outside or in the tub and soak them. If I hadn't had the mats, I would've had to say goodbye to him at least a year before I did. I miss him so.

I thought there might have been a thread on this already, but didn't see one. Has anyone bought those anti-fatigue (or whatever; several brands out there) floor mats? I keep hoping they'll come in brighter colors eventually, but now my 10 year old braided rugs have to go and I want something more practical. Rather than try for a colorful accent, I've decided to go with something as close to the floor color as possible. Anyone bought them? What do you think, and which brand(s)?

I bought the Anti-fatigue GelPro mat in a dark chocolate brown for my kitchen. I would have preferred something colorful, but their color choices are limited. That being said, it feels SO GOOD to stand on that I'll paint my kitchen mud-brown to match before I ever use any other kind of mat.

It's pricey. It's ugly up-close but is non-descriptive on the floor. It's heaven on my feet and I no longer have an aching lower back after doing a bunch of work at the sink. I'd buy one again in a New York second. I lucked out and caught mine on sale for $50 off. I wish I had bought two.

After looking up the mat, I see they NOW have colors. *ponders* :)

~Kathleen

Last edited:
I received a great fake gel- pro mat for my birthday this year and it's great!

It's also chocolate brown.

It was from BJ's and it was pretty inexpensive.

I love it.

I received a great fake gel- pro mat for my birthday this year and it's great!

It's also chocolate brown.

It was from BJ's and it was pretty inexpensive.

I love it.

Does the mat make a difference only of you're standing there for a longer period or is it also effective for shorter visits?

I bought this one yesterday at Costco, for $19.99. It has closed cel PVC foam in it, not gel, but it feels great to stand on.
6728-albums330-picture2640.jpg

Does the mat make a difference only of you're standing there for a longer period or is it also effective for shorter visits?

You can really tell the difference comfort-wise for long periods. Not so much for short, but it's "clunky" and I'm not moving it!

It's also a bit "trippy" since it's 3/4 thick but I have gotten use to that now. It ws at BJ's in the garden/BBQ etc section

You can really tell the difference comfort-wise for long periods. Not so much for short, but it's "clunky" and I'm not moving it!

It's also a bit "trippy" since it's 3/4 thick but I have gotten use to that now. It ws at BJ's in the garden/BBQ etc section

It might be worth checking it out. My back gets really tired during a long prep session. Thanks.

I got two rust colored fake gel mats from Costco. I love them and they are easy to clean.

I am so furious I could scream. I ordered mine from Chef's catalog, a source I've used often. I decided, based on the colors they showed, to go with "Cashew" which, by the color sample was as close as the color of the floor (medium to dark brown) as their samples came. For those of you who care to, pick up the catalog or look on line, it is the darkest color they offer. They are just one shade up from white!. A very light khaki. Yeah, close in color to the very inside of a not very aged cashew, but nowhere even near the color shown in the catalog or on line. I have Khaki pants that are darker. So I called. To send them back I have to drive to the nearest town that has a FedEx store. Can't I call and have them pick it up? No, only if you want to pay for shipping. Do I want to keep these? You tell me. I wouldn't have white carpet in my living room. My husband stepped on it (inside slippers) and left footprints. I really, really am furious. This was a splurge for us, and I now own a couple of rugs that you can't step on without leaving dirty footprints ... when you haven't even been outside. Now I have a choice of keeping rugs that need to be washed daily, taking a day and driving to the nearest FedEx center, or paying to return them.

Yeah, I'm a little bit angry.

I am so furious I could scream. I ordered mine from Chef's catalog, a source I've used often. I decided, based on the colors they showed, to go with "Cashew" which, by the color sample was as close as the color of the floor (medium to dark brown) as their samples came. For those of you who care to, pick up the catalog or look on line, it is the darkest color they offer. They are just one shade up from white!. A very light khaki. Yeah, close in color to the very inside of a not very aged cashew, but nowhere even near the color shown in the catalog or on line. I have Khaki pants that are darker. So I called. To send them back I have to drive to the nearest town that has a FedEx store. Can't I call and have them pick it up? No, only if you want to pay for shipping. Do I want to keep these? You tell me. I wouldn't have white carpet in my living room. My husband stepped on it (inside slippers) and left footprints. I really, really am furious. This was a splurge for us, and I now own a couple of rugs that you can't step on without leaving dirty footprints ... when you haven't even been outside. Now I have a choice of keeping rugs that need to be washed daily, taking a day and driving to the nearest FedEx center, or paying to return them.

Yeah, I'm a little bit angry.

Children, Auntie Claire has left the building...

Breathe, breathe...

Half full, half full...the glass is half full!

Is it the same amount of money to drive to town as it is to have them pick it up? Is the difference enough to make a difference (you know what I mean!)

A nice day out, with lunch or stay at home with Rosebud.

I would be too! It hurts to clean floors!

I'd take it to FedEx and get a refund. If you keep it, it will make you mad every time you see it. Skip the stress.

Use the refund to buy from someone else since they don't have a color dark enough. You might want to call the new company's customer service to verify color.

You can buy GelPro, Imprint, and generic cushioned floormats in store, or on line at Bed, Bath, & All that Other Stuff.

You can also find a variety of kitchen mats at Target, either in store or on line. I bought my memory foam type kitchen mats at Target, and I am consdiering buying an outdoor one for in front of the barbacue. I really don't need the Gel Pro because my house is all hard floors, either hardwood or ceramic tile, and I need to wear anti-fatigue shoes around the house all the time or my feet and legs just start aching.

Thank you, Fiona. I often think of an old Seinfeld show; Serenity now, Serenity now.. Obviously I'm not as angry as I was when I opened the package, and my husband has decided it is worth a drive to Dubuque to evade the return postage. And, no, no store in Dubuque sells them, we looked before ordering. I will look at other sources before starting again. I really DO need new kitchen rugs! It is the .. well, primary, for me, problem with small town liviing. I always did a lot of catalog shopping (yes, even before the internet).

Serenity now, Serenity now. Rosebud seems to love us best when we are on the computer. Serenity now, serenity now. Tomorrow's job is go to Dubuque and send the rugs back. Serenity now. I needed my husband to look at larger crates for Rosebud. Serenity now.

Last edited:
Thank you, Fiona. I often think of an old Seinfeld show; Serenity now, Serenity now.. Obviously I'm not as angry as I was when I opened the package, and my husband has decided it is worth a drive to Dubuque to evade the return postage. And, no, no store in Dubuque sells them, we looked before ordering. I will look at other sources before starting again. I really DO need new kitchen rugs! It is the .. well, primary, for me, problem with small town liviing. I always did a lot of catalog shopping (yes, even before the internet).

Serenity now, Serenity now. Rosebud seems to love us best when we are on the computer. Serenity now, serenity now. Tomorrow's job is go to Dubuque and send the rugs back. Serenity now. I needed my husband to look at larger crates for Rosebud. Serenity now.

I just try to be mindful of how much I hated it when I garnered the ire of customers over policies written by corporate. That and my little episode in January has encouraged me to have perspective at all the irritations in life.

Now you have a tote beast um...willing helper, to go get the new crate.:LOL: And company on the drive.:angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom