April 8th Dinner - Happy Friday everyone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Well I'm taking chicken breast out of the freezer. Ken requested cacciatore, but I already had breasts, not thighs, in mind. I've not decided yet what to do with them, but I still have some lemons, and some lovely tomatoes and some fresh oregano. The weather is warm enough to BBQ, and I MIGHT be able to move the BBQ now that some of the snow is gone. I'll post back with the final decision.

SO wants a salad and naan tonight. I don't. I 'll rummage around in the freezer for something. Maybe chili, soup or whatever.

You could make it a chef's salad and fill it full of yumminess, or a Cobb salad. I think soup would round it out nicely though. Is the snow gone for you yet Andy?

You could make it a chef's salad and fill it full of yumminess, or a Cobb salad. I think soup would round it out nicely though. Is the snow gone for you yet Andy?

Thanks for the suggestions but I'm not in the mood for salad today. Maybe soup and a BLT!

There is still snow where the plows piled it up but it's gone otherwise. Looks like a warm weekend too.

Mmmm, BLT, what a great idea. I might have that for lunch.

For supper, I'm having leftover mushroom stuffed pork tenderloin and leftover brown rice risotto. I might heat some rødkål to go with that.

Most probably fish......but maybe pasta...but definitely not pizza...although soup and grilled cheese sounds good too.

Friday night is Pizza night around here. I try to mix it up and we all like different toppings, so I usually make two or three different ones. I am going make my all time fave for myself, which is fresh tomato, anchovies, black olives, and oregano. Hope to have a pic or two up later. Bon Apetit, tuti!

Last edited:
Just discovered I may have two extra bodies, possibly 3 extra bodies for dinner tonight. Then got a text saying I might be short the other daughter which leaves me at...1 extra? or 2? Lordy, who knows. I might get last minuted and have 8 instead of my usual 4. That chicken might have to streeeeetch a bit.

I'm going to lightly fry the breasts in some bacon fat (after dusting them), and put them in a casserole dish. I'm going to deglaze with a bit of wine and broth and toss in umpty bazillion garlic cloves. I'll let them soften a bit then pour the whole mess over the chicken and bake it for a bit in the oven. Starch is going to be wild rice medley done in chicken broth. Salad is likely going to be caesar since we have a garlic theme going on, and I have some bacon left over to go in it.

If I need to stretch, I have tortillas and I will shred the cooked chicken and we'll have wraps. If I don't have to stretch I'll buzz the garlic cloves into a nice gravy and we'll have the chicken as is over the rice.

Cooked veggie as yet to be named. I'm not sure what's left in the fridge. Might be frozen corn/peas/beans if there is nothing fresh to steam.

Dessert is sundaes! Got piles of ice cream and lots of toppings, that should satisfy the extra kids coming over.

It's just tooooooo beautiful here to not do something on the grill. I rummaged through the freezer and pulled out two one-inch-thick pork chops that I'd squirreled away for just such a time. Those should do nicely. I have lots of beautiful romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers and some red onion, so I'll put together a salad. There's a little feta cheese that needs to be used up and that can go into the salad, too. We have a few ears of frozen corn-on-the-cob and I think that'd be good for a warm weather meal. I'm thinking another side, but am not inspired at the moment.

I made some cherry-chocolate chip cake mix cookies yesterday. We'll have those with some vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Glenn'll be hungry tonight. He's been on the tractor mowing the yard most of today. First time of the season and I'd forgotten that he goes at it like he's a NASCAR driver and comes in famished.

Friday's during lent is pizza night at out house, but we're getting a bit tired of that, so tonight's dinner wll be cheese totellini with homemade pesto sauce that I made at the end of the summer and froze in batches.

I'm feeling kind of lazy, so I might just grill some wings again.
Or I could thaw some shrimp and do something with those.
I guess I'm still undecided.

Yesterday the grocery had buy one, get one on jumbo packages of chicken thighs. Each pkg. went about 4 lbs. I'm just two here -- me and the freezer. I've just spent the afternoon cooking the whole bunch: 6 pieces were sprinkled with Good Seasons Italian dressing and oven-baked; 6 more pieces were shaken in a bag with Ranch dressing & bread crumbs, then oven-baked; and 8 big pieces were a test using America's Test Kitchen's Easy Fried Chicken recipe, that soaks the pieces in buttermilk (with salt), then browns them in hot oil, finishing in the oven. Whew! Sure hope the Test Kitchen ones are as good as they sounded on the video -- crispy outside, juicy inside. Don't know that yet, but looks like some kinda chicken tonight.

making a microwave lemon lovers meatloaf. tnt, and will feed me couple meals. baked potato. don't know side, maybe pea salad. i had broccoli last night and it gave me tummy problems, so it won't be broccoli. lemon cheesecake bar for dessert. can you tell i love lemon?

friday night is pizza night around here. I try to mix it up and we all like different toppings, so i usually make two or three different ones. I am going make my all time fave for myself, which is fresh tomato, anchovies, black olives, and oregano. Hope to have a pic or two up later. Bon apetit, tuti!
..The second one is mushroom and pancetta.
139.jpg

140.jpg

Last edited:
They look sooooo good, RL. YUM.

I'm making Hamburger Onion Pie for dinner tonight.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom