Grilled Olive-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
Grilled Olive-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

Ingredients:

2 pork tenderloins (¾ to 1 1/4 pounds each)
2/3 cup olives, preferably French picholine, or other mild-brined green olives
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil

Directions:

Preheat oven to 450 F. Lay the tenderloins parallel to each other with the thin end of one next to the thick end of the other. With your hand, lightly press on the tenderloins to flatten them a bit.

Squeeze each olive between your thumb and forefinger to pop out the pit, then roughly chop the olives. Place a layer of olives over one of the tenderloins. Place the other tenderloin on top and tie the roast at 2-inch intervals with butcher's twine. Sprinkle the tenderloins all over with thyme, salt and pepper.

Heat a heavy, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Place the tenderloins in the pan and brown on all sides for about 3 to 5 minutes. Put the pan in the oven and roast. After 15 minutes, begin checking the internal temperature with an instant-read thermometer, checking every 5 minutes, until the pork registers 140 F to 145 F.

When done, remove the tenderloins from the skillet to a platter, cover loosely with foil, and set aside to rest for 10 minutes. Remove the twine from the roast, cut the tenderloins into 1-inch-thick slices, and serve.

Makes 4 servings with leftovers.

This looks interesting. I love pork tenderloin and olives. I can't get the French olives, but will try it with a different kind. Can I use green or black olives?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom