What's for Dinner Monday April 11, 2011?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
I'm getting hungry and trying to figure out what to eat for breakfast, but I already know what I will be having for supper.

Tonight's supper will be TGIFriday's Steak Fajitas. James bought me a couple of these kits last week.

So, what will you all be having (or already had if you live on the opposite side of the world from me)? :cool:

I am definitely getting to those brats tonight. Definitely.
And I'm hoping the sub rolls I bought a few days ago don't have green spots already...

Yeah, St. Patrick's Day was last month! :LOL:

Yeah, I should really start making my own, they would last longer than the ones the store bakes fresh, but I'm still working on the shape of my Italian loaf :rolleyes:. The town store bakes some good stuff, but I think they bag it too soon.

I made a traditional SOS for breakfast. YUM! Tonight will probably be tacos as I've thawed hamburger for taco meat mix. I'll hold out some to make taco wild rice, and the rest will be for chili.

After having some chili, I'll heat some sliced smoked Bar-S sausage to the leftovers for my version of chili dogs (cooked in the chili).

I'm in charge of my grandson for the next three days so I'm opting for low prep meals.

For dinner tonight, I'm defrosting a container of meatballs and sausages in sauce that I made about a month ago. Heat the sauce, cook the pasta, grate the cheese, done.

That reminds me, I haven't had meatball and sausage subs in a while.
I'll bet one of those containers in the freezer has some of that.

We're probably having Vegetable Curry Recipe : Alton Brown : Food Network (take the vegis out of the bag before nuking them :ohmy:, we leave out the sugar) with thin strips of beef (from a package of my tough beef, labelled "chateaubriand") and brown basmati rice.

Still deciding if the beef gets cooked with the vegis or on the side.

I'm saying probably, because the hubster seems to have come down with the same virus as I have. We may not have the energy to cook, even something as easy as that. :(

I think it is a meat ball night! I am finally going to get mine made and serve them as subs. Today is a busy day with a trip out to Dad's doctor this morning and a meeting in the afternoon to consult with a lady about cooking for celiac disease who needs help with cooking and choosing foods.

Well, I'm eating at work tonight and once again I'm unsure how many will be at home for a meal. I suspect Ken might be on his own. Bugs has informed us she will be visiting with her new beau, and possibly eating dinner over there. Madeleine is going to be over a friends finishing a project that they present this week at school. I have NO idea if she will be home for dinner. Ken is a sure thing though. LOL! I think I'll leave either a vat of spaghetti sauce (easy to reheat later if necessary) or do some chicken thighs and leave them for Ken. He likes those in his lunch leftover.

We're trying my experiment. A twist on cabbage rolls. A Dirty Rice recipe from Paul Prudhomme, wrapped in collard greens and cooked with his creole sauce.

Craig

We I was going to make sloppy joes but it is 80 degrees outside so I'm thinking burgers on the grill now.

Chicken and Sausage Gumbo. It's just about the best I have ever made!!!

It's interesting how gumbo comes out so differently, yet is very good each time. It's all in the roux.

I love gumbo! I add some dark beer to mine and it really rounds it out.

oven fried chicken thighs, chicken flavored rice (a mix) and some veggies. have a cadbury egg for dessert. i love those things and am always so glad for easter when they are available. so tempting to eat two. can get away with one as far as blood sugar goes.

Went French tonight. Carbonnade de Bouef, sauteed green beans and fennel, mashed potatos with parsley....the new pan worked great!

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 165
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 162
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 180
Back
Top Bottom