Peppermint Candy Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsps baking powder
1/2 cup milk
6 - 8 smashed candy canes or peppermint hard candies

Cream butter and sugar together, beat eggs in one at a time. Sift 1/2 flour, baking powder into the butter/sugar mixture, stir and pour in 1/4 cup of milk, stir til well blended. Repeat with last 1/2 of dry ingredients and then the rest of the milk. Stir in the candy dust.

Icing:

1/4 a block of cream cheese
~ 1 cup icing sugar
1/2 tsp peppermint flavoring
a tsp of milk if needed

Cream sugar and cheese together and add a sniff of milk if you like it runnier.

Pour into an 8x8 cake tin, or a round cake tin. Bake for 35 minutes at 350 or until toothpick comes out clean.

Notes:

Remember that parchment paper is your friend. Use some!
Peppermint flavor is nice in the icing but perhaps a white chocolate flavoring or chocolate icing would be better.
Edges were a bit too well done at this temp. Perhaps 300?

Well this got RAVE reviews from Bugs and Ken. When I left for work there was only one piece missing, when I got back home there was more than 1/2 a cake gone.

Kate's words were, "This cake is freaking addictive" and, "it rocks". So I'd say I have a hit on my hands.

The crumb is perfect, nice and dense. This cake could stand up to some heavy layering if necessary.

OK, I tried a picture with the laptop. And you can see the dog praying I will knock the cake on the floor too!

Attachments

• Photo 15.jpg
    Photo 15.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 226
Ooooooooo!!!!! Ahhhhhhh!!!! Mmmmmmm!!! :LOL: I really shouldn't look at desserts when I haven't had dinner yet.

Ya know, some red and green sprinkles on top would be a nice touch.

Last edited:
Very cute! :) Ours are not that well mannered. But they do each go to their dinner places wait.

Back
Top Bottom