Tonight's Dinner: Thursday April 14, 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
It is pretty early (late for me, I never went to bed last night), but since my supper is already made, I guess I will start.

Tonight I will be having leftover chili. James was a little jealous when I told him I made chili while he is gone, but I assured him he wouldn't care for this batch, since I was a little heavy-handed with the cayenne. :LOL:

Never mind, posted in wrong topic. Don't know what we are having yet.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of grilling some hot dogs. I think I'll make some macaroni salad to go with them.

That sounds so good! I am going to make that soon. I will also try it with pork chops, as mentioned in yesterday's dinner thread. :cool:

You'll like it. The proportions are flexible, just taste test. I'm excited to see if the oyster sauce adds to it today.

It all started a long time ago when I just used pineapple and teriyaki for chicken. I liked it so much it became a TNT, but with the ginger and brown sugar, it gets a big star on my recipe page.

I started giving stars when I cooked for the crazy, grumpy Vietnam vet. If I could get him to compliment the food, it got a star. He didn't do it often, but the starred recipes are all keepers now.:LOL:

I just put some chicken in the slow cooker for sloppy janes. We'll have that and the left over broccoli and rice from last night.

Green Beans and New Potatoes with corn on the cob, sliced tomatoes and cornbread.

pot roast slow-cooked in coke, french onion soup and hatch green chiles. Potatoes, carrots, onions and green chile cooked with butter and french onion soup.

-Damien

Shake n Bake Pork chops, steamed brocoli, and cookies with milk for desert.

Tonight's dinner really hit the spot :)

Attachments

• dinner04142011.jpg
    dinner04142011.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 166
I decided to let the hot dogs go until lunch tomorrow... and the day after... and... lol.
I've got a ribeye thawing instead. And I think I'll make some puttanesca on the side served over gnocchi. I'm feeling hungrier than hot dogs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom