Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   For those of you who live in Ontario (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/for-those-of-you-who-live-in-ontario-71616.html)

Selkie 04-15-2011 03:13 PM

For those of you who live in Ontario

This is so cute!

YouTube - RMR: Bear Tagging

taxlady 04-15-2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selkie (Post 990545)

I love that clip. But, I love lots of Rick Mercer's stuff. How did you happen to find that?

Rocklobster 04-15-2011 04:39 PM

Nice clip! Thanks for that. I love Rick Mercer, too. I especially loves when he goes after politicians.

I live about a 40 minute drive from Algonquin Park. My inlaws are just outside of the park near a village called Whitney, which is a gateway. We have been through it a few times. There is something special about unblemished wilderness. I recomend this place to anybody who likes camping, canoeing, hiking or just taking a nice drive through.

Selkie 04-15-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taxlady (Post 990554)
I love that clip. But, I love lots of Rick Mercer's stuff. How did you happen to find that?

The link was sent to me as a humorous e-mail. I have also now done a search on U-Tube for Rick Mercer, and there is a lot of his stuff on there which I plan on viewing as I find time. The last one I watched was for Americans... "Understanding Canada" in which he summarizes how Canadian politics works. :rofl:

taxlady 04-16-2011 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selkie (Post 990644)
The link was sent to me as a humorous e-mail. I have also now done a search on U-Tube for Rick Mercer, and there is a lot of his stuff on there which I plan on viewing as I find time. The last one I watched was for Americans... "Understanding Canada" in which he summarizes how Canadian politics works. :rofl:

And it's 99% accurate. It's even funnier if you know who the people are in the pix.

It's a good explanation for most Canadians too. As he mentions, 75% of Canadians don't know the queen is our head of state.

Saphellae 04-16-2011 11:06 AM

LOL.. I just watched a few of his shows, I have seen him before. He is hilarious. I don't know why the ones who had no idea what they were saying just said, I don't know??? instead of making themselves look stupid lol. I love how he got governor's and leaders to say ridiculous things.
Jean Poutine

... now I want poutine.

taxlady 04-16-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saphellae (Post 990741)
LOL.. I just watched a few of his shows, I have seen him before. He is hilarious. I don't know why the ones who had no idea what they were saying just said, I don't know??? instead of making themselves look stupid lol. I love how he got governor's and leaders to say ridiculous things.
Jean Poutine

... now I want poutine.

He's on CBC on Tuesdays at 20h00 and there is usually a repeat on Friday. It's the show I miss most, now that my TV is dead.

Saphellae 04-16-2011 12:10 PM

Ah.. we don't have cable :) We use the internet for entertainment.

taxlady 04-16-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saphellae (Post 990766)
Ah.. we don't have cable :) We use the internet for entertainment.

If you get local TV, you should be able to get CBC. It says you're in Kingston, Ontario under your picture

Saphellae 04-16-2011 12:58 PM

Our TV isn't hooked up to anything. We don't watch it, period! :) Just DVD's and stuff from the internet on a USB stick.