Saturday Apr 16 - Dinner plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Old chickens. They are usually sold as sewing hens. You can tell they aren't bred for their meat as the breasts are small for the overall size as compared to a oven stuffer type chicken. They have a more developed flavor as they are older. They are supposed to be cheaper because they are less 'desirable', but they aren't.
I had enough trouble trying to teach my daughter to sew. You have a lot more patience than I do. :mrgreen:

I have absolutely no idea what is for supper. Although we can't afford it, I'm leaning toward Pizza Hut (only pizza place in town) pizza and hot wings.

I do know dessert is flan. :cool:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 161
Start of irrigation season so DH pigged out on a apple turnover with lots of vanilla ice cream dumped over it and is now going to the levee. Me I had some tamales, then toasted a bagel covered in cheese, spread it with cream cheese mix with onion and chives. Done, finished over with:LOL:
kadesma

Our power went out while I was prepping dinner. It was out for 2 hours but thankfully it came back and I finished making dinner.

Sweet & Sour Chicken

Chicken dipped in batter and fried in peanut oil

img_990915_0_f0837eb9bb68974bc669cf206f648abe.jpg

Vegetables (red & green bell pepper, onion, carrots and green onion)

img_990915_1_43eee827eec25211d21e52cd459730dc.jpg

Sweet and sour chicken and string bean salad (steamed fresh string beans, ground dry minced garlic, ground Sea Salt, Ground peppercorns, ground red pepper flakes, EVOO & lemon juice).

img_990915_2_19fda7bfebeb57d6d3f73cb17b648c56.jpg

My family came over today so I
made a little more than normal. On the menu for today was: sweet and tangy oven barbecue chicken, seasoned petite filet tenderloin, sweet corn pasta salad, and crab salad.

Pot roasted sirloin with taters and carrots, gravy. DD made brownies but the are so underdone they ooze! She insists they are supposed to be that way. Can't tell a 14 year old anything.

Hahahahahaha!!! I know THAT story very well. We've had chocolate scrambled eggs happen here.

They same thing happened here when the activists started closing down the snipe farms...

You gotta stop throwing in those comments, I keep choking on my tea when I read them!

I made one of our all time favorites, scallops in a cream and sherry sauce over linguini. It was to die for, If I do say so myself. Accompanied by roasted asparagus. Whoever said you should only cook and eat locally and in season never lived somewhere anywhere near me. If he did, I'd choke him. With a never in season artichoke!

My experiment worked quite well. I had nearly finished the prep, when I cut my left index finger quite badly. I had to stop and deal with a badly bleeding finger. It hurt like the dickens. I was just going to skip supper, but then I realized that almost all the prep was done. I didn't need to use the knife. So, no mango. But I did add crushed curry leaves. Interesting flavour. Jeez, it's hard to type without the use of one index finger. (I'm a touch typist.)

So supper was stir fried pounded beef strips with carrot and celery, seasoned with chopped chili, coriander, cumin, fennel, curry leaves. Sauced with beef and vegi stock and grated creamed coconut. Served with brown basmati rice.

My first day of semi food freedom, I am not allowed in the kitchen yet! so my wife spit roasted a oakham chicken in the morning, then for diner stripped all the skin off:( and made a big salad. I had a breast and a thigh with lots of salad with a Tbls of dressing, one wholemeal roll(no butter) and two pears, it may not sound much but after eating pouches of ready made diet food for 10 weeks it was so so good.
The smell of the bread and chicken cooking drove me:wacko: I now no how my dog feels when he gets the scraps;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom