ISO uses for beet "greens"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Odile1

Assistant Cook
I love the fresh red beets they come with these beautiful green leaves and I hate to throw them away, any suggestions?

Beet greens are delicious! Wash them thoroughly and cook them like spinach with just the water clinging to them. Excellent with bacon for seasoning.

I blanched and froze some in seal a meal bag. Use them in soup, or as previously stated,like spinach, in lasagna and such.

Beet greens are delicious! Wash them thoroughly and cook them like spinach with just the water clinging to them. Excellent with bacon for seasoning.
I don't like a lot of greens (Swiss chard or collards, for instance), but I love beet greens! I like mine the same way Z mentioned. :cool:

Thanks, Barbara.

I only had beet greens once on a visit to my aunt and uncle's "camp" in Maine. She had a small garden and served fresh beets, and the greens as another side. They were sooooo good!

I'd love to make them, but unfortunately, whenever I see beets in the grocery store, they either don't have the greens attached, or they look so bedraggled and not enough to bother with.

I believe you can treat them in any fashion you would spinach. We have several beets growing and just one fits the bill for us. The greens are either used at the same time or saved for another meal.

Craig

Back
Top Bottom