Toffee Apple Tart Rustica

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
Toffee Apple Tart Rustica
112704toffee.jpg

Ingredients:

1 refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on the package
4 cups thinly sliced, peeled apples (about 4 medium apples)
¾ cup English toffee baking bits
2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar (divided use)
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream

Directions:

Preheat oven to 425 F. Unroll crust and place on a large ungreased cookie sheet. (Line cookie sheet with parchment paper to make the tart release more easily.)

In a large bowl, combine apples, toffee bits, 2 tablespoons sugar and the flour; mix well.

Spoon apple mixture evenly onto crust to within 2 inches of edge. Fold edge of crust over apples, pleating to fit. Drizzle whipping cream over apples in center.

Brush crust edges with water; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar.

Bake 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 F. Bake 5 to 13 minutes longer, or until crust is deep golden brown and apples are tender. Immediately run spatula or pancake turner under crust to loosen; place on wire rack. Serve warm or cool. Store in refrigerator. Makes 8 servings.

PER SERVING: Cal 375 Fat 20 g (10 g sat

Since I am the worst baker in the world I'll ask. Would you use a tart apple or a red baking apple. This looks really good!!!!

Elf, I always use granny smith apples in my baking. They have such a good blend of sweet-tart to them to begin with, they seem to work well in any recipe. Another option, if you want a red skinned, would be braeburn (sp?).

Back
Top Bottom