Picasa and Picasa Web Albums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I uploaded some Easter pictures to Picasa Web Albums yesterday. It's the first time I've uploaded pics to the internet to share. Doing some exploring today, I discover there is the web album site for sharing pictures and Picasa software to download for editing pictures.

I have a Mac and have been using iPhoto for editing and viewing.

What do you know about the Picasas - pros and cons? Do you recommend the Picasas or something else instead?

Thanks,

I use picasa and web albums on the Mac, iPad, and iPhone for subjects that I want to centralize and access from virtually any device.

In terms of photo editing it is simpler to use than iPhoto but I don't think it produces as good results. Picasa works great for editing shots to post on the web. However, I wouldn't choose to use it for high resolution work.

Like most tools I think it has a particular use. But not a replacement for all things.

I use Picasa a lot. Is the software available for Mac now? It does a lovely job of simple fixes and saves a copy of the original in a subfolder when you save changes.

I am probably the last person you want to see responding to a computer question:LOL:, but I use Picasa. When dh got me my recent new computer I didn't want a separate photo editing program installed (Hi Laurie:blush:) because of my past difficulties in learning a Roxio program. One of my BIL's highly recommended the Picasa program. With my current mental state I still haven't learned how to use it well, but I have always been able to use their help program to do what I needed to do. I am happy with it.

Thanks to you all.

.40, cn you use iPhoto and Picasa side by side? e.g. if I want to use iPhoto for managing my photos and other stuff but Picasa has one or two features not available in iPhoto, can I go back and forth?

Thanks to you all.

.40, cn you use iPhoto and Picasa side by side? e.g. if I want to use iPhoto for managing my photos and other stuff but Picasa has one or two features not available in iPhoto, can I go back and forth?

I don't know about iPhoto, but I use Picasa side by side with IrfanView. I sort my photos into folders (directories) using Windog's file system.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom