Strawberries, strawberry jello, whipped cream and heavy cream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pengyou

Senior Cook
I want to make a dessert that has eye appeal. I was thinking of putting some strawberry jello in t bottom of a clear plastic cup, then a layer with jello and heavy cream mixed, and then another layer with only jello, followed, of course by a dollop of whipped cream and a couple of strawberry pieces.

Will this work? What are the proprostions should I use.

I make a dessert called Rainbow Jello that uses jello and sour cream which should give you the look you're going for. Dissolve small 3 oz box of jello in 1 cup boiling water - divide in half - add 1/4 cup water to one half and 1/3 cup sour cream to other half - Pour clear half in dish and let set in refrigerator about 40 mins. Carefully pour cream half on top and let set.

When I make this I use a 9x13 pan and 7 boxes in rainbow colors. It looks really cool is easy to make but takes time with all the chilling between layers. It takes nearly all day to make but you can do other things while it's setting up and the cream layer is cooling while the clear layer is chilling. Then I mix the next layers while the cream layer is chilling so it is cool when it's time to add the next.

I want to make a dessert that has eye appeal. I was thinking of putting some strawberry jello in t bottom of a clear plastic cup, then a layer with jello and heavy cream mixed, and then another layer with only jello, followed, of course by a dollop of whipped cream and a couple of strawberry pieces.

Will this work? What are the proprostions should I use.

I can picture it...it would look pretty! I think the layers should get smaller as you go up.

It's called a parfait. There actual "parfait glasses" that are tall and slender, although any tall, clear glass will work. Make three, four or even five layers. Alternate each colored layer (e.g. the jello or pudding) with a white layer (e.g. whipped cream, vanilla pudding), and the very top finished off with something of a treat (e.g. maraschino cherry, chocolate shavings, candy sprinkles, etc.)

Parfaits are fun, :clap: and make people feel special! :king:

This is one of my favorite spring recipes for using strawberries. I have made it in a pizza pan or a 13 x 9 pan, both work well.

Tilley’s Strawberry Pizza
Crust:
1 ½ cups flour
2 sticks butter
¼ cup brown Sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
Mix all ingredients and cut with pastry blender or two knives until crumbly. Press into a 12’ pizza pan or 13 x 9 pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and let cool.
Top Layer:
1 cup white sugar
4 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 cup hot water
1 (3 oz) pkg. strawberry gelatin
4 cups Strawberries
Mix sugar, cornstarch and gelatin; add to boiling water and bring to a boil; cool. When it starts to thicken and add strawberries; let cool until it starts to set.
Middle Layer:
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 large container cool whip or heavy whipped cream, whipped
2 cups powdered sugar
Mix cream cheese and powdered sugar, fold in cool whip topping, spread over cooled crust. Top with slightly thickened strawberry mixture; set in refrigerator for 2 hours or until set. Slice and serve.
Serves: 20 people
Enjoy the taste of spring!

but can I just add the heavy cream to molten jello - not only to make it creamy but also to make it pink?

I've never tried the heavy cream, only sour cream which sounds icky but you really don't taste it since it takes on the jello flavor. I would do a test batch with a small box of jello and use half water half heavy cream and see how it sets up in the fridge before making the real things.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom