Bacon Wrapped Scallops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Emely333

Washing Up
Bacon Wrapped Scallops

Ingredients :

24 large real scallops, cleaned
12 slices of bacon, cut in half
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder

Directions :

1. Preheat broiler.
2. Combine 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper with 1 tsp. of garlic powder.
3. Wrap scallop with bacon strip and secure with toothpick.
4. Sprinkle salt mixture on scallop.
5. Place in broiler for 5-8 minutes.
6. Serve.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I make this I use thin sliced bacon and microwave it for a minute. Otherwise the bacon does not get done enough for me.

When I make this I use thin sliced bacon and microwave it for a minute. Otherwise the bacon does not get done enough for me.

I put backon in the oven and brush it whit oil betwen backing it , and then i wrapee scallops with the toothpick and its great beacuse they are noth to backen but crusty...

Good idea. I was thinking the bacon wouldn't be done enough for me in that recipe. I bet that microwave/thin sliced bacon trick would work with other stuff too.

If you like bacon wrapped seafood you should always give the bacon a headstart, but since I like limp bacon too, and don't mind *slightly* over cooked shrimp or scallops, I usually don't bother. I can handle an over cooked shrimp if there's bacon wrapped around it, since you are pretty much masking the the shrimp or scallop anyway. But that's my taste.

Why do you bother brushing your baon with oil? There is so much fat in it already.

Because for me is better its crispy and i dont use much oil just little to brush them that they dont get dry ....i like it this way :)

You can use "regular" bacon as long as you cook it halfway before you wrap it around the scallop. Nothing worse to me than an overcooked scallop. They turn into a pencil eraser with protein. :wacko:

You can use "regular" bacon as long as you cook it halfway before you wrap it around the scallop. Nothing worse to me than an overcooked scallop. They turn into a pencil eraser with protein. :wacko:
One thing worse than overcooked scallops is undercooked bacon

One thing worse than overcooked scallops is undercooked bacon

I agree. You really have to be on top of your game to wrap bacon around something that cooks quickly. You can't get tunnel vision with just the one food item.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom