Live from New York, it's... me!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thenamesdave

Assistant Cook
Hi. I'm Dave, 29, and I find cooking therapeutic and hugely enjoyable. Cooking for others? Even better. I love watching television programs and films about food and especially foods from other cultures and countries that I've never tasted before.

I live on my own in what I consider the culinary capital of the world and am not afraid to spend some money to have mind-blowing culinary experiences both at home and out in public.

Other interests: ice hockey (season ticket holder!), politics, wine/vodka/tequila, and the history of New York in the larger context of American History.

Nice to meet you all. :cool:

Oh my goodness, you will fit right in. I too believe cooking is theraputic, especially chopping -- totally relaxing. I also love to cook for others or everyone. Funny, I am not a season holder but my youngest son grew up playing hockey, so guess what a hockey Mom does?? Besides go to all the games and cook for everyone.

You will fit right in and we are so glad to have you here.

Have fun and enjoy!

Oh my goodness, you will fit right in. I too believe cooking is theraputic, especially chopping -- totally relaxing. I also love to cook for others or everyone. Funny, I am not a season holder but my youngest son grew up playing hockey, so guess what a hockey Mom does?? Besides go to all the games and cook for everyone.

You will fit right in and we are so glad to have you here.

Have fun and enjoy!

Hockey in southern Louisiana? Now that's commitment! :)

Actually, I have only live here for about 4 years. I do love it here because the people are so friendly and always treat you like family--I have melted several times though, literally. I grew up in Northern Michigan on Lake Superior and that is where my children also grew up. Yes, hockey is big cause winter was long and what else does one do?

I found the site through a random link I clicked and was also wondering if there are any parts of the site that you all enjoy the most.

Welcome to DC...favorite places on site? The daily, "What's for Dinner?" lots of great ideas there. No recipes, but those you can ask for or find in their own thread by category.

welcome from west 57th street, dave, from another history buff.

did you know the back (north) side of city hall, way downtown, was faced with cheaper stone the the front because they thought no one would live that far north where the pig and sheep farms were?

welcome from west 57th street, dave, from another history buff.

did you know the back (north) side of city hall, way downtown, was faced with cheaper stone the the front because they thought no one would live that far north where the pig and sheep farms were?

Ha! I did know that, thanks to the Ric Burns documentary from a number of years ago... I actually work in an office where one of our conference rooms overlooks Bowling Green and another overlooks Fraunces Tavern, so I am happy to show clients who visit us what a dork I am.

You must be pretty far west on 57th because your location says "joisey." :rolleyes:

lol, good catch.

i live in jersey but i spend just about as much time in the city at work on 57th between 10th and 11th.

burns' documentaries rock, imo. some people don't like all of the zooms and pans in order to make old pictures interesting on video, but i think it makes history come alive.

We all look forward to visiting NYC on vacation in july. It is a great city.

It'll be hot then, but a great time will be had. Post if you need any restaurant recommendations or off-the-path activities.
I have been doing alot of on line searches about tourist info. in NYC there are so many options. We are looking at tour busses. We would like to hit all the highlights in the city. We will only be there for 3-4 days. We definitely want to see a show on broadway for the weekend. Any suggestions on special points of interest would be greatly appreciated. Little Italy, china town, empire state building virtual tour, empire state building, times square, maybe a good museum, fireworks on the 4th? We were there once before for a short time. We were able to go through central park with a guy on a bike pulling us in a cart. We are on a modest budget. We love the high energy of the city it's a crazy, exciting place.

I have been doing alot of on line searches about tourist info. in NYC there are so many options. We are looking at tour busses. We would like to hit all the highlights in the city. We will only be there for 3-4 days. We definitely want to see a show on broadway for the weekend. Any suggestions on special points of interest would be greatly appreciated. Little Italy, china town, empire state building virtual tour, empire state building, times square, maybe a good museum, fireworks on the 4th? We were there once before for a short time. We were able to go through central park with a guy on a bike pulling us in a cart. We are on a modest budget. We love the high energy of the city it's a crazy, exciting place.

I am sending you a (long) list via private message that contains the full list of tourist attractions that I would consider. Pick 4 or 5 of them to do per day. If you have any questions, you can let me know...

Back
Top Bottom