Monday May 9 --what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got four more Kaiser rolls to use up, so it will either be sloppy joes or BBQ'd capicola.

I have a couple of pieces of pork sirloin marinating in Weber's chipotle marinade and will be grilling them a little later tonight. A tossed salad and leftover carrot cake will round out the meal.

I picked up some Basa filets yesterday and am trying to figure out what I want to do with them. I am making a brown rice with cranberries side dish and probably some form of salad.

Dad is still not eating much so am not sure what he will be eating (doesn't eat anything related to the sea - he used to be an avid fisherman, but would not touch what he caught!). I may do him a meatball soup or something along those lines.

Probably a salad with eggs and leftover chicken. I'll have to get off my bum and pick up some onions, green pepper, celery, and tomatoes. I'll probably make a ranch-ish dressing to go with that.

Time to make a shopping list.

Zing Zang and 100 Octane Vodka
Something to do with wood coals, and a quartered chicken......
Stir fried rice.....
Sauteed Vegetables/mushrooms, etc.
A piece of Cosmopolitan Cake ~~~ Chocolate Ice cream on the side....

I picked up some Basa filets yesterday and am trying to figure out what I want to do with them. I am making a brown rice with cranberries side dish and probably some form of salad.

I decided I am going to do some variation of Crispy Baked Basa.

I will also do some sauteed zucchini and peppers as well as the brown rice and cranberries.

Last edited:
Finishing up the last 3 porcupines tonight. I'll top with salsa before nuking.

Lottsa New England clam chowder and a BIG salad with spinach, dandelion greens, red leaf lettuce, kalamata olives, garlic chives, croutons, sliced hardboiled eggs, feta cheese, and an olive oil & vinegar herbed dressing.

Dad is still not eating much so am not sure what he will be eating (doesn't eat anything related to the sea - he used to be an avid fisherman, but would not touch what he caught!). I may do him a meatball soup or something along those lines.
I know a lot of people that will not eat what their mate has caught. I prefer to eat stuff I've caught myself or by people who take care of their catch. The way things are going it may some day become illegal, to consume stuff that is privately caught.

Seasoned and pan fried pork loin chop, egg noodles (mushrooms, baby peas and pearl onions sautéed in butter with chicken bouillon and seasonings added) and salad.

img_997897_0_fcc339510806bece792ed11617ee734d.jpg

I know a lot of people that will not eat what their mate has caught. I prefer to eat stuff I've caught myself or by people who take care of their catch. The way things are going it may some day become illegal, to consume stuff that is privately caught.

With Dad it is that he got sick as a child on fish and never wanted to eat it again. My sister and I went all our lives thinking it was an allergy until they were restricting his food in the hospital because Worcestershire sauce, etc all contain some sort of fish sauce and many stews, etc. contain those sauces. Finally Dad said it was only a dislike so he could get those foods back in his diet and just not have actual fish or seafood.;)

I have switched to homemade burgers - forgot the hockey game is early tonight and I don't want to miss it! The Basa will be for tomorrow.

Seasoned and pan fried pork loin chop, egg noodles (mushrooms, baby peas and pearl onions sautéed in butter with chicken bouillon and seasonings added) and salad.
Another YUM!! Love the mushrooms two ways - can't get enough of them!

Last edited:
I'm going with the BBQ'd capicola. I went shopping, but it was for plants and not hamburger. So the sloppy joes will have to wait a day.

Delete that quick before the crying liberals zoom in on it. :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom