Tried and True Recipes - can we specify?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
It was suggested to me that when we post a recipe if it's one we have tried just somewhere in there mentioned "tried and true". I think it's a good idea too.

if you haven't tried it but want to share it post it. That's the only way we can build our recipe files. I find recipes all the time that I want to share with everyone.

Thanks!

I agree. Altho it's interesting to see recipes others have discovered or want to share that they have never tried, I prefer the ones people have actually made themselves, especially when they can point out problems and/or other tips based on their actual experience.

I will still post recipes I haven't tried - I've got to share all the great stuff I find!!! I'm definately not steering anyone away from that - I want to see them ALL!!

I think this is a great idea! it is sort of like when you used to go into the neighborhood video store (before Blockbuster took over) and there was a wall or a shelf with the employees picks. You got to know which employee had similar tastes as you. Same thing here, just with food :)

Sounds like a great idea to me.

We can just type ( TNT) after the name of the recipe.
That's what we do on my other site.

kitchenelf said:
WHAT OTHER SITE????

kidding ;)

Long long time ago, I bought a site at myfamily.com and started a cooking ring in the Seattle area. There's only 6 of us that post a lot now.. but, there used to be quite a few.

The loss of my "members" is what made me look for you guys.
I love the friends I've made on the other site but, with such a small number of posters ( my friend LeeAnn is one of them) I really needed to find somewhere else to hang out. Thanks again for opening your doors to me
I love it here!!!

i will post ones i have tried. but would it still be okay to post ones i think sound interesting even if i haven't tried them yet?

I think what Kitchenelf is suggesting is to continue posting all the recipes you want even if you have never tried them. If you have tried then and liked them though, just indicated that by putting tried and true or TNT in the post. any recipe is welcome on this site. you don't need to have made or tried it before to post it.

kitchenelf said:
I will still post recipes I haven't tried - I've got to share all the great stuff I find!!! I'm definately not steering anyone away from that - I want to see them ALL!!

Middie - definately post anything - just the ones that are tried and true mention it if you remember.

Sometimes people want to make a "sure thing" versus taking chances. I actually tried making Kraft macaroni and cheese and then adding milk or chicken broth or something to it to make a soup - I guarantee NO ONE had tried that or they wouldn't have posted it :shock: One bite and it was dumped! LOL

boy, you danced out of that one nicely pdswife!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

at my old site (which i re-visited recently, and was just so happy to come running back here to my family), there were a few discussions on whether you should post a recipe or not if it isn't tried and true.
discarding the negative thoughts and nasty opinions, the overall census was to do what has been suggested here. it's good to post any and all recipes, but denoting that it is "tried and true" recipe helps. if you've actually made it, you know the errors you've made, (or might have made if it hadn't come out perfectly :D ), so others would be more inclined to try it. especially since they have you as a guide and friend, and that's the genesis of what a community is all about.

buckytom said:
boy, you danced out of that one nicely pdswife!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

at my old site (which i re-visited recently, and was just so happy to come running back here to my family), there were a few discussions on whether you should post a recipe or not if it isn't tried and true.
discarding the negative thoughts and nasty opinions, the overall census was to do what has been suggested here. it's good to post any and all recipes, but denoting that it is "tried and true" recipe helps. if you've actually made it, you know the errors you've made, (or might have made if it hadn't come out perfectly :D ), so others would be more inclined to try it. especially since they have you as a guide and friend, and that's the genesis of what a community is all about.

Yeah.. I'm good! lol... (really, I only told the truth, I"m still paying for that other site.. so I still use it. It's got a large collection of recipes).

Great idea! And for those that aren't 'TNT', it would be a great place to start a discussion with those who do actually try one out.

As a general rule, I won't post a recipe unless I've made it. I'm afraid if it wasn't tested, who knows if it was legit. You can't fool people...especially the AWESOME people here.

And we know you live - in New Buffalo, Michigan - and we wouldn't stop until we hunted every Erik down!!! :evil: ;)

If you do try one out and have some comments on it just post to that recipe because everyone is going to ask where it is! LOL That way it will be pulled back to the top for all to see.

Back
Top Bottom