Tater Tots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paymaster

Sous Chef
Crowns and Rounds!

On the flat disk shaped Tots I put a slice of jalapeno and filled the void with Monteray Jack then wrapped with bacon.
On the round Tots I just wrapped bacon.

:chef:

Crowns2.JPG

Wow, I need to do this! Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try to retain some heat in the jalapeno though...

Yep, the main problem I have with the Crowns is they are less hot once cored and grilled. They have some heat but not like uncooked.

Yep, the main problem I have with the Crowns is they are less hot once cored and grilled. They have some heat but not like uncooked.

So you are using fresh jalapeños? I use the jarred ones when I want a little kick. That's what I used in my stuffed mushrooms the other day... when I did that butt. I even use jarred over fresh when making nachos. They retain their heat much better than fresh. I'm guessing from marinating in that pickled juice or whatever it is.

So you are using fresh jalapeños? I use the jarred ones when I want a little kick. That's what I used in my stuffed mushrooms the other day... when I did that butt. I even use jarred over fresh when making nachos. They retain their heat much better than fresh. I'm guessing from marinating in that pickled juice or whatever it is.

Interesting tip. Thanks. I wonder if a nice acidic marinade would do the same thing. Hmmm, better not use citrus though, since that tends to cut the heat.

Thanks for the info. Yep I buy whole fresh peppers and core and slice to do these tots. I will certainly try your way next!

really nice .. i love tater tots .. and i would go with the jarred jalapenoes .. vlasic makes them in a hot style .. pretty good ..

Back
Top Bottom