Monday, 5/16/11 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am breaking out my brand spankin' new 4 quart All Clad soup pot for a homemade chicken vegetable soup- loaded with shredded chicken, carrots, green beans, corn, diced tomatoes and spinach.

It feels more like Fall than late Spring here today.

I think I'll grill some chicken wings, with some heat to the sauce to ward off this weather.

Tonight is Sole with lemon,butter,garlic white wine and toasted almonds, some orzo with onions, garlic, sauteed mushrooms butter and a spinach salad with strawberries and cherry tomatoes in cream or sherried broiled tomatoes not sure yet which ones.
kades

I had a bit of leftover cold Chicken and Parsley Potatoes for brunch, so I think I will make another batch of sauce for my leftover Sweet and Sour Pork w/Jasmine rice. I like it saucy.

Trying a recipe from the first DDD cookbook. Greens with andouille and tasso. Seems those greens in the garden continue to produce.:rolleyes:

Craig

Aww, Craig beat me to it. We LOVED the greens recipe in the DDD book. And I made cornbread with fresh corn in it to go with.

I was planning on either leftover Mongolian beef with rice and vegetables or leftover cheese tortoloni with olive oil and parmigiana, but I was out shoppong and didn't get lunch until after 3pm so I'll probably just have one of the Ready-Pac Bistro salads I bought the other day.

I spent the day with my sister. She colored and cut my hair (she is a professional) then we went shoe shopping. I found a pair of canvas tennies for under $20!! I didn't get home until 5pm so it was spaghetti for supper. That's my quick fix meal.

Okay, so after all my earlier whining... We ended up with leftovers. I'm putting my thinking cap on early for tomorrow night. It's going to be green or red curry with chicken and egg plant. Dh won't eat it, so I have to think of something else for him.

babetoo said:
i ended up with sweet and sour shrimp and noodles. froze the over ripe bananas and make currant bars instead of muffins. so have them for dessert.

How do you make your sweet & sour sauce? If you don't mind me asking.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom