Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Thurs. May 26th. What's for supper? (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/thurs-may-26th-whats-for-supper-72547.html)

pacanis 05-26-2011 09:02 AM

Thurs. May 26th. What's for supper?

I've been seeing this commercial on TV the past couple weeks for 12 tacos for 10 bucks at Taco _ell. And I've got half a mind to go for it, but... I've got hamburger, lettuce, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, super stuffer shells, Vidalias, chipotles and a few other things, so the other half of my mind is telling me to make my own! :chef:
So five super stuffed tacos for me tonight! Maybe six :pig:

Anyone else have a plan yet?

justplainbill 05-26-2011 09:15 AM

Cheese, tomato, sweet sausage, and onion topped pizza made from 22 ounces of homemade refrigerated dough.

jabbur 05-26-2011 10:22 AM

When I got the creamer out of the fridge this morning for my coffee, I realized how packed it is so I'll be cleaning out the leftovers this afternoon and serving anything that is still good to eat.

Zhizara 05-26-2011 10:26 AM

I'll be eating some of the split pea soup I made yesterday, and honey ham and swiss on Rye. House cleaning today so no messy kitchen.

Katie H 05-26-2011 10:27 AM

Glenn's son's wife is still in China on business, so we're going to have Kenneth come for dinner tonight. He's been working extra long hours at his auto/body shop and he needs to get a break.

I've got roast beef, gravy, mashed potatoes, buttered peas, and iced tea on the menu. Will make a key lime pie for dessert.

Alix 05-26-2011 10:53 AM

I haven't decided on whether to do spaghetti or meatballs and gravy. Ground beef is the central component and I'll go from there.

I am going to bake some cake mix cookies today. I got a free cookie cookbook download on my Kindle and I'm going to try a recipe. The weather has been poopy the last few days so its baking time!

CWS4322 05-26-2011 11:41 AM

Pork tenderloins marinated in maple syrup, whole grain mustard, garlic, apple cider vinegar, jalepeno peppers, and chilpolte chili powder. Baked potato and frozen green beans (from last year's garden).

Andy M. 05-26-2011 01:21 PM

Individual medley tonight. I'm experimenting with a stuffed burger.

tinlizzie 05-26-2011 02:08 PM

Willl microwave a bowl of Kema from the freezer (ground turkey, brown rice, onion, tomato sauce, Indian spices). I have some strawberry spinach (chenopodium capitatum, according to Google) :ermm: from the farm stand. Never got it before, don't know how to fix it. I'm not much for spinach salad -- any cooking suggestions? TIA

LPBeier 05-26-2011 02:23 PM

Well, today will (hopefully) be yesterdays Baron of Beef dip. I ended up transferring Dad from the hospital to a rehabilitation facility with absolutely no notice, so DH had a wonderful home made burger waiting for me when I dragged myself through the door at 8:45 pm!

So today it will be the roast on gluten free potato flax buns with au jus, salad and oven wedge fries! (unless something unforeseen happens again!).