Thurs. May 26th. What's for supper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Uncle Bob said:
I have seen recipes that include horseradish...I personally do not include it. ~~ Make a batch...put 1/2 of it in a bowl...add a little horseradish...refrigerate.....come back a couple of days later and see which version you like.....

Have Fun!

Thanks! Would love your recipe, could you post it?

This recipe is Robert St. John's version ...Chef/Owner of the Purple Parrot Cafe, the Crescent City Grill, and the Mahogany Bar, Hattiesburg, Mississippi ~~ I think you will enjoy it...and it's a good place to start to develop Dawgluver's version......

Have Fun & Enjoy!

Click Here

PS...I highly recommend Duke' Mayonnaise... if at all possible in your location!!

Last edited:
Uncle Bob said:
This recipe is Robert St. John's version ...Chef/Owner of the Purple Parrot Cafe, the Crescent City Grill, and the Mahogany Bar, Hattiesburg, Mississippi ~~ I think you will enjoy it...and it's a good place to start to develop Dawgluver's version......

Have Fun & Enjoy!

Click Here

PS...I highly recommend Duke' Mayonnaise... if at all possible in your location!!

Yay! Will def give this a try, with and without horseradish, as you suggested. Have not seen Duke's mayo, will use Hellman's.

Patty, your chicken looks crispy and delicious!

Speaking of chicken, there was another change of plans. I didn't get home in time for the roast, but was able to get my deviled chicken legs into the oven before DH gets home! I am thinking pasta or rice but will let him decide when he gets here. Wish I had time for mushroom risotto! I will be having salad too to cut down my portions of the other items. Fruit salad for dessert.

Tonight was a new recipe. I was looking for something a) to use up the leftover roast chicken and b) that I could could cook and not have to turn on the oven.

I found this in a cook book that my Mom gave me. It is called Black Bean Garnachas. I changed the recipe a bit and it was great. I made it all on the grill. We had these (one each - they are made on 10" tortillas) and salad.

Attachments

• BlackBeanGarnachas.jpg
    BlackBeanGarnachas.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 180
i got called i.to work early, so it'll be takeout chinese for me tonight. probably rib tips over veggie fried rice, and singapore mei fun. maybe broccoli in garlic saice.
if i get all three, there'll be plenty of leftovers for another meal this weekend.

I did some chickens on the rotisserie, we had corn and a salad with.

Attachments

• Chickens01.jpg
    Chickens01.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 180
Kraft home style Mac and cheese with tuna topped with shredded cheddar and bread crumbs and salad (red & green butter lettuce, sliced mushroom cap, sliced vine tomato, sliced almonds, McCormick salad supreme and shredded cheddar cheese dressed with homemade buttermilk ranch dressing).

img_1005094_0_db35a2b24cf24b19e30cbd2fac4b85a4.jpg

Salad
Fried Chicken based on this DDD: Big Mama's Omaha, Nebraska | Diners, Drive-ins and Dives Omaha | Diners, Drive-ins and Dives Nebraska
Hush Puppies (perfect way to use up the rest of the butter milk)

View attachment 11002View attachment 11003

Patty that chicken looks great! I like the idea of oven frying it in a little more oil than usual.

Have you tried making the burger shown in the video? I am not sure about all of the spice but, I am curious about the technique. I am going to try it.

Thanks B

Patty that chicken looks great! I like the idea of oven frying it in a little more oil than usual.

Have you tried making the burger shown in the video? I am not sure about all of the spice but, I am curious about the technique. I am going to try it.

Thanks B

No, I just found that video. I am not sure I will try that one. I like spicy but I don't think I could handle that one. If you try it keep us posted please.

No, I just found that video. I am not sure I will try that one. I like spicy but I don't think I could handle that one. If you try it keep us posted please.

PattY1

I made up a couple of test burger sticks like the ones in the video. I cut the spice mixture back quite a bit and added some onion and fennel seed. They came out similar to hot italian sausage.

I was concerned about simmering the plastic wrap but, I read the box for every brand at my grocery store and they all were ok with heating so I made up two test sticks froze them. Then simmered them for about thirty minutes. They came out fine. I just need to adjust the seasonings on them to suit my tastes. The technique is the main thing. I think this will be a keeper for me. It is a quick way to go from freezer to table for a single serving.

Thanks for the link to the video!

B

Back
Top Bottom