What's for Sunday dinner, May 29th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
i think we're going to be grilling today. i have about 7 small, fresh rainbow trout that i'm trying to decide on how to cook. i may do my fennel, onion, thyme, and balsamic vinegar stuffed grilled trout, or i may try out my new planks and do a cedar plank grilled trout. the trout are kinda small, so i'm leaning towatds the latter. not much to stuff.

do you soak or oil cedar planks for grilling the first time?

what are you cooking/eating this sunday, may 29th, 2011?

I made http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f56/thyme-tea-soup-72609.html for breakfast.

Lunch will be a couple, three thin slices honey ham, topped with pimento cheese on a rye bread slice.

Dinner will be Wild Fried Rice. I cooked up 2 cups of the wild/brown rice blend with chicken stock, celery and bok choy yesterday. I filled two sandwich bags for the freezer and kept one out to make fried rice.

I'll post the recipe if it turns out as good as I think it will.

Going to Grill some Char Sui style pork on the grill and add a batch of Chinese-style green beans.

Burgers and dogs for sure eevrything els is a ????????

It's a little warm here... 96* today's high....but I don't care!!! I've got a pot of Chicken (thigh) and Sausage (Andouille and a lttle smoked) Gumbo on the stove that is out of this world good...and it ain't even done yet!!! A pot of rice... and some Leidenheimer Pistolets will round it out........

It's a little warm here... 96* today's high....but I don't care!!! I've got a pot of Chicken (thigh) and Sausage (Andouille and a lttle smoked) Gumbo on the stove that is out of this world good...and it ain't even done yet!!! A pot of rice... and some Leidenheimer Pistolets will round it out........

Are the pistolets stuffed?:pig:

DH is working tonight, Dad is away, so I am going to Uncle Bob's for gumbo and stopping off at Katie's for some key lime pie! :cool:

Uncle B, should I whip up some peppermint patties?

Last edited:
Flat Iron steak on the new Lodge hibachi with Chef-It-Up Steak Seasoning (have never used any of these before!) if it stops raining, and tweaked up potato salad (thanks DC!) Fresh strawberry something.

I just put the lid on the slow cooker. Cooking this recipe.
I've made it before and it's pretty tasty.

Attachments

• curried short ribs1.jpg
    curried short ribs1.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 169
Everything on the grill...pork steak, acorn suash and zuccini. Also made a small batch of potatoe salad.

Back
Top Bottom