New to the site - Looking to try new things

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dctatts

Assistant Cook
As a stay at home dad of a 2 and a half year old, I have been trying to take on some cooking responsibilities while my wife is at work. I have been checking out cooking sites for ideas and tips.

Before recently the extent of my cooking has been roasts in the slow cooker (pork, beef, lamb log/shanks on occasion, and ham) usually in a cream of mushroom soup sauce, or BBQing, or cooking turkey. Other than that, kraft dinner and hot dogs.

So obviously I need some ideas for a beginner.

This weekend I tried something new and cooked some thai red curry with kangaroo, which is an unusual treat in Canada. I used a premade thai sauce. My wife did the prep work and I did the cooking.

It turned out great, now we want to try lots of new things, so we'll be looking for new recipes.

You can see us cooking the kangaroo here: (turned out GREAT)

YouTube - ‪Cooking VH Thai Red Kanagaroo Curry‬‏

We had friends over and wouldn't tell them what we were eating until they were done. The recipe I used is on the uTube link. I combined a few different recipes I found online until I had one with all my fav ingredients. We cooked the meat two ways (half and half) in case either way didn't turn out, but they were both great!

Looking forward to finding some new cooking ideas, recipes, and tips!

Welcome to DC. How about posting the recipe here at DC for those of us who do not You Tube? Make it a lot easier to discuss. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom