ISO fun strawberry recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
They are so cheap now. I am looking for something beyond the usual pie and shortcake as I totally suck at baking. I plan to mix some into yogurt and cream cheese, and have some masticating in a bit of sugar. Also might dehydrate a tray or two.

Any other ideas?

They are so cheap now. I am looking for something beyond the usual pie and shortcake as I totally suck at baking. I plan to mix some into yogurt and cream cheese, and have some masticating in a bit of sugar. Also might dehydrate a tray or two.

Any other ideas?
Try strawberry bruschetta, you will need 4 slices of country styke bread make some walnut butter using 4 tab. soft butter and 4 tab. finely chopped walnuts ussing 2-3 tab. sugar slice 1 basket of berries set aside but stir gently and add more sugar if need be. grill the bread then spread with walnut butter. Top with berries and juice, I would then sprinkle with a little more sugar and torch or put bread and berries under broiler til sugar melts. This will make 4 bruschetta.Don't spare the walnut butter
kadesma

We used sour cream for this, but I've since used greek yogurt.

You take a champagne glass--the "bowl" type. Slice strawberries and layer those in the bottom. Sprinkle with brown sugar, a layer of sour cream or greek yogurt, more strawberries, more brown sugar, more sour cream/yogurt. Top with brown sugar and some slices of strawberries. My favorite way to eat strawberries or blueberries. If you have maple sugar, that works really, really well instead of the brown sugar. Let the "mixture" site for 5-10 minutes until the sugar melts. A couple of mint leaves on top are very nice.

You let the mixture sit not site. It's been a really long emotional rollercoaster week for me--and I've got to go to bed now because I have a conference call at 4:00 a.m. EDT. I'd rather not be working right now--would like a couple of days for me--not going to happen. And, I need the money...sigh.

But this was a really simple dessert my mom (who HATED to cook my whole life and can't cook now) used to make. She has some really pretty champagne glasses from Chile that she would use for this.

Last edited:
CWS4322 said:
You let the mixture sit not site. It's been a really long emotional rollercoaster week for me--and I've got to go to bed now because I have a conference call at 4:00 a.m. EDT. I'd rather not be working right now--would like a couple of days for me--not going to happen. And, I need the money...sigh.

But this was a really simple dessert my mom (who HATED to cook my whole life and can't cook now) used to make. She has some really pretty champagne glasses from Chile that she would use for this.

It sounds so yummy! I have been replacing sour cream with yogurt wherever I can.

Sounds like you have had a wretched week, CWS, my thoughts are with you for Rosalie. I hope you can get some needed "me" time soon!

I am so impressed with how caring and thoughtful this forum is.

Get a couple dessert bowls. Break up some vanilla wafers into the bottom. Place a few slices of banana over them, just enough to create a single layer. Pour mashed strawberries over that. Just enough to sort of fill in the gaps. Break up some more vanilla wafers on top. Drizzle with a small amount of chocolate syrup. Add some strawberry slices to the top. Chill for about 10 minutes. Top with whipped cream if desired.

Back
Top Bottom