Knife Handles Loose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Count Omulis

Assistant Cook
Hey guys, I'm having a bit of a problem lately.

I have a set of ChefSharp knives (proprietary brand from Happy Chef Uniforms) that I got as a wedding gift, and have been using exclusively and extensively for the last 2 years. The knives themselves are holding up great (hold an edge rather well, sharpen well too), but the handles on a couple are coming loose.

This is the updated version of my set (my set has a different color Pakkawood handle, but is basically the same knives)

CHEFS SHARP... 10 Piece Knife Set with Case - Happy Chef Uniforms

The handles appear to be riveted, but the wood part of the handles (especially my 6" boning knife) are loose, and the front and back slide a little up and down. (hope it makes sense) around the middle of the handle, the wood stays in place fairly well, and the wood doesn't come off of the knife, but the constant sliding of the wooden handle makes it difficult to use the knife, especially safely.

My questions are as follows: Is this something that I, with a fair to moderate ability to tinker, may be able to fix? if not, what kind of a tradesman should I try to find to secure the handles?

Thanks for any help you guys have

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom