Help with an RV Fridge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Linda123

Senior Cook
Hello everyone,

We bought a 1994 Coachman RV. I love it but the fridge looks so dingy. The shelves are rusty. Does anyone have any ideas on how to clean the metal shelves and brighten the interior of the fridge and the plastic shelves on the door? Thanks to anyone who responds.

As Rocklobster said, steel wool and elbow grease on the racks, followed by either several coats of Rust-o-leum silver spray paint, or the expense of having it re-chromed.

As for the discolored plastic interior, the fact is that plastic deteriorates, and RV appliances aren't made from quality materials (insert the word "cheap" here!) The discoloration is from aging and goes the depth of the plastic as it turns brittle. No amount of "cleaning" can change that. Only total replacement of the appliance will give you a "new, clean" look.

Thanks! I figured the plastic interior was way beyond help....we'll probably scour the shelves and spray some sort of metalic paint.

Thanks again.

Thanks! I figured the plastic interior was way beyond help....we'll probably scour the shelves and spray some sort of metalic paint.

Thanks again.
You might want to use some sort of rust stopper and then spray with a vinyl type paint that gives you a Rubbermaid kitchen sink or dish rack type finish. Be sure to let your finish cure adequately so you do not have undesirable outgassing when the fridge door is closed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom