How to make chocolate icing to top a parfait

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pengyou

Senior Cook
I want to make a parfait with jello on the bottom, yogurt in the middle and then a layer of chocolate pudding on the top. I would really like to be able to put a hard chocolate crust on top of it, then a dab of whipped cream w/ strawberries and blueberries on top...and maybe a chocolate kiss in the middle. Any thoughts on how to make the chocolate "crust"? I tried googling on icing but all I found were frosting recipes - the soft kind.

After heating several ounces of chocolate in a double boiler, pour a thick layer of the melted chocolate onto a non-stick surface, such as a silicon mat or waxed paper. Use a teacup or cookie cutter or biscuit cutter, and score the softened chocolate to the size that will fit into your parfait glass before it hardens completely.

When it does harden, use a sharp paring knife and carefully trim away the edge.

Add another layer of melted chocolate on top of the first if it seems too thin, and make more disks than you need in case some become broken.

Last edited:
Personally, I'd get a bottle of the Magic shell at the grocery store. It's usually in the ice cream topping section. It makes the hard chocolate shell on ice cream like at DQ. when they dip their cones.

Good ideas! I think the oreo cookie idea fits my schedule for today, but I will try the other ones next time.

Back
Top Bottom