What's on Your Menu, Wednesday June 22nd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chicken stir fry (B/S chicken breast, fresh garlic, broccoli, carrot, celery, mushroom caps, onion, whole almonds, peanut oil, chicken stock and cornstarch) and fried rice (jasmine rice, frozen peas, fresh carrot, fresh onion, cooked scrambled egg, soy sauce and peanut oil) both garnished with sliced green onions and toasted black and white sesame seeds.

img_1015191_0_74471bde69367bc1fe8eda22b8b85c54.jpg

Just fired up the grill for a potato to go along with the crablegs. I might steam some B sprouts, too. Just for something different. I usually only sauté them, or grilled once in a while.

Should have taken picture of the meal but I had an awesome dinner.

Protein was Italian sausage, done in a garlic & Shallot butter sauce. after I cooked a miropaw that I threw in the orzo when it was cooked. along with the sausage.

I think that looks good, though, mama! I would have sopped up some of that with crusty bread! I think I eat too much :pig:! lol Oh well, I love to cook. I guess it goes hand-n-hand.

I had a friend tell me once that she was always hesitant to eat skinny people's food because she wondered if they ever ate what they cooked.

@Mama, that pot pie looks soooooo good. I might have to get the stuff to try that.

It was supposed to be ribs but I forgot to take them out of the freezer to defrost. :mad:

So we ended up with BLTs since we had some fresh tomatoes from the farmers market. :)

So ribs tomorrow, Dave??? :chef:

My dinner hit the spot again. I've been on a roll this week cooking food that leaves me saying, yeah, that's what I wanted :)

Attachments

• crableg dinner.jpg
    crableg dinner.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 162
You had your comfort food tonight, Mama, I had mine last night.
So tomorrow you can have your seafood ;)

The last of the porcupine meatballs from the freezer, mashed potatoes (covered with the sauce from the meatballs), and asparagus. I usually serve green beans with porcupine meatballs, but we are out. :)

Lemon Trout Almondine, brown rice, and steamed broccoli. Homemade bittersweet chocolate ice cream for dessert.

purple.alien.giraffe;1015201[B said:
]I had a friend tell me once that she was always hesitant to eat skinny people's food because she wondered if they ever ate what they cooked.[/B]

@Mama, that pot pie looks soooooo good. I might have to get the stuff to try that.
:LOL: I guess that goes along with the saying... "Never trust a skinny cook!"

Our subs were good tonight. The only thing I didn't like about them... TOO MUCH roll. I was full after half of a quarter of the sandwich ...with a handful of chips and no pickle.

Last edited:
:LOL: I guess that goes along with the saying... "Never trust a skinny cook!"

Our subs were good tonight. The only thing I didn't like about them... TOO MUCH roll. I was full after half of a quarter of the sandwich ...with a handful of chips and no pickle.

My sister bought me that fridge magnet years ago when I was skinny. I still have it on the fridge. :ROFLMAO:

Everyone had such great looking and sounding dinners tonight!
I was still feeling rotten from the side-effects of my asthma medications (only 3 more days of it!) so I laid down at three and totally forgot about getting the dinner stuff ready. DH came home at 5:30 and I was still out cold for another hour so he got himself a snack and we ended up going out. I had my usual fish and chips and he had salmon with fruit salsa and basmati rice! Good dinner and I didn't have to cook! :)

Back
Top Bottom