What's cookin' Thurs. 6/23?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AndyM--I'd guess some sort of sweet-sour if soy and sour cream are the condiments. Or curry-like but the soy sauce sounds weird with curry....let us know!

I have no clue what kind of peppers or what they are stuffed with. The person said they should be eaten with soy sauce and sour cream! That seems unusual. Sour cream?
Actually, Andy I have a recipe for rice stuffed peppers (very Asian) and they actually suggest sour cream as a condiment. We don't use the stuff here (except in some of my cakes ;)) so I haven't tried it. I sort of had the same reaction as you.

Speaking of sour cream, I haven't made stroganoff in a while...

I love goulash! The last time I made it was in the crock-pot, then I added the macaroni later. Do you make the authentic goulash or the American version?

What's your recipe for your Goulash, I've heard of a lot of people talking about it. But I've never cooked any, would like to try it? :)

Actually, Andy I have a recipe for rice stuffed peppers (very Asian) and they actually suggest sour cream as a condiment. We don't use the stuff here (except in some of my cakes ;)) so I haven't tried it. I sort of had the same reaction as you.

I'm curious. Could you please post the recipe when you have a chance? Thanks.

Pasta salad (b/s chicken breast (marinated with oil, fresh garlic, oregano, ground sea salt, ground pepper then sautéed till fully cooked), wagon wheel pasta, raw broccoli, mushroom caps sliced thick, green onion, black olives & green olives dressed with Oil (a combo of EVOO, canola oil, flaxseed oil), red wine vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, Goya adobo seasoning, accent, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, ground red pepper flakes, cayenne, Hungarian hot paprika), guacamole & tortilla chips.

img_1015683_0_a27b79d8711ccc98a9615c5c86f7959b.jpg

Goulash for me. I haven't made that in a while and I should be able to use up a few things I have laying around, like a red bell pepper and some shallots.

We had the leftover goulash here. :LOL: I made a pan of it on Monday!!!!

I make mine with elbow macaroni, ground beef cooked with onion and green peppers, and stewed tomatoes. Almost as good as Mom's but she used Gram's homemade stewed tomatoes.

I've got about a quart container leftover here, plus I saved some sauce without shells to add on top of another pasta at a later date, cuz it will be a totally different dish then :ermm: :LOL:

We had a late lunch at Taco Bell (Taco Salad for James, #1 combo for me--Burrito Supreme and Taco Supreme, Diet Pepsi for both), so tonight I am going to have the left over porcupine meatballs and sauce with mashed potatoes, and James decided on Hot Pockets.

I made Turkey and Rice Soup with broth from the freezer and leftovers from yesterday.

Rock--I don't even bother to makes the chunks smaller...I love it cold without the crackers. Do sometimes eat "garden antipasto" on homemade whole wheat pita wedges...(anything with eggplant, bring it on)! I haven't met an eggplant-based dish yet that I don't like...

I have yet to meet an eggplant dish that I have liked. I can't say that I have had that many dishes with it but I just have not found one that is appetizing to me yet.....YET.

Another flatbread pizza. Under the broiler.

Last edited:
We ended up pairing the rest of the great ham steak from the other night with waffles.

I was in a bit of a rush so just used the gluten free baking mix as a base for both of us. However, I can't use shortening for DH anymore because it contains soy so I used 1/2 pure coconut "oil" (thick like shortening) and half his non-soy non-dairy "spread". Then I realized I was taking half the ingredients from the biscuit recipe on the package and half from the pancake (no waffle instructions though I know I have made them with it before). The biscuits called for 1/2 cup shortening and the pancakes wanted 1/4 cup oil. Well, I decided to totally wing it and ended up with the best waffles we have ever had! A slight aroma and taste of fresh coconut and they were tender inside while golden and crispy outside.

Now to remember EXACTLY what I did! :chef:

Back
Top Bottom