What's Cooking Sunday 6/26

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I'm making salmon salad for brunch. I'll only use half a can of cleaned salmon and freeze the other half. It's also really good in Alfredo sauce with egg noodles.

What ya got cooking today?:chef:

So far a frittata and garlic bread. That may be my only "real cooking" today, as I need to get rid of some leftovers.

Hmmmm?! Let me see...

I took a huge slab of ribs out of the freezer last night, so those will go onto the grill with some barbecue sauce. We'll eat the last of the corn-on-the-cob that we froze from last year's garden. (This year's corn is nearly ready and soooooo are we.:LOL:) There's lots of lettuce ready in the garden for a salad that'll be dressed with cucumbers and tomatoes I bought at the market. In a little while I'm going to make a raspberry sponge cake for dessert. That should do it for us today.

I'm on my own tonight so I think I will just pop on over to Katie and Glenn's :).

Failing that, I will probably have a salad with all the bits and pieces left from the week. I might even take it out to my little hideaway - a small green space outside our door with a bench and a tree trunk for a table. The Pups can come on their leashes and we can watch our little world go by. I love where I live - outside the private drive is the hustle and bustle of the city, but inside we have a quiet, beautiful community!

My vote always goes for grilled, Bob.
I almost ran to the store for some wings last night.

Sunday dinner - June 26

Well I don't have to cook today. We are going over to my MIL's house and she is making us a roast chicken dinner and for dessert a saskatoon pie. Mmmmmm! I'm sort of glad she is cooking because I don't think I'll have time today. I have some driving to do and I have to get the last stuff out of Mom's house before it changes hands.

Having a lazy Sunday. Just made steaks with open faced grilled cheese and tomato and avocado on the side just because I felt like it :) Didn't feel like making a roast dinner.

Well I don't have to cook today. We are going over to my MIL's house and she is making us a roast chicken dinner and for dessert a saskatoon pie. Mmmmmm! I'm sort of glad she is cooking because I don't think I'll have time today. I have some driving to do and I have to get the last stuff out of Mom's house before it changes hands.

What on earth is saskatoon? Never heard of it :(

Oh, my, what I would give for a slice of that pie. I remember my Mom making them and having them hot out of the oven with vanilla ice cream. The best thing in the world!

Chicken Wangs.....Fried or Grilled is the question....

Well the little brown-eyed girl just answered that question..(I let her have her way on Sundays:ermm:) It's gonna be fried....Along with Yellow Squash, Butter Beans/Tasso, Fried Green Tomatoes, Corn on Da Cob, Cold slices of Vidalia Onion, Sliced Tomatoes, and Corn Bread......

I just came back from the store, my wings are going to be grilled.

Snip 13 said:

Yummy purple berries that grow wild in Canada, AKA June berries in the states. Like a blueberry, but with a different taste. Make for fine pies and jams.

It is sounding like wing night for sure. Making me crave them too and since we are taking salads up to have lunch with Dad, I may change my plans as well.

Sorry, Snip, didn't see this before but Dawgluver gave a very apt description. Growing up as a kid in, well, Saskatoon, I thought that these were OUR berries - kind of like a little secret. The truth is, they grow better in Ontario and Quebec than on the prairies! Go figure!

Back
Top Bottom