Birthday Lunch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babetoo

Chef Extraordinaire
i am planning a lunch for my daughter's birthday. so far i have egg salad on kaiser rolls. pickled sweet cherry peppers, artichoke hearts marinated, pickles, olives for dessert, a yellow layer cake with strawberry jam between layers and choco frosting. chocolate covered strawberry ice cream. oh almost forgot, potato chips and fritos. :chef: and ice tea to drink.

tell me what you think and make suggestions, please.

This may sound weird so feel free to ignore. I don't think egg salad and kaiser rolls are a good combo. The rolls are better suited to harder/heartier fillings such as meats.

Egg salad, being a pretty soft filling, matches better with a sliced bread. (softer fillings/softer breads; harder fillings/harder bread). [end weird part]

If all the girls/women and boys/men like pickled and marinated things you're all set.

If we're talking about teens or adults, you may want something more substantial like potato or mac salad.

Good luck with the party!

thanks andy, you may be right about the rolls. i hesitated over them. price was a consideration. will look for something else and sub. for the kaiser rolls. i think everyone likes the pickles, etc. only one teenager and she is not a big eater so think i am ok there.

Sounds yummy, though I have the same salad/roll hesitation. At this season, I might look at BLT's on those rolls, especially if you can make a killer mayo.

Back
Top Bottom