Which celebrity chef do you dislike?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

.lavieenrose.

Assistant Cook
Since there is a thread about the BEST celebrity chef I want to know which celebrity chef you can't stand. :mellow:

My family came to the Territory (Mississippi) in 1799....I am Southern Bred, and Southern Born ~~~ An American By Birth and a Southerner By The Grace of God.

I do however have to admit....I am totally embarrassed at the likes of Paula Deen Y'all. I mean Y'all she is a very,very poor ambassador Y'all for the Southern Cause Y'all...Ya'll know what I mean.. Y'all? :rolleyes:

My family came to the Territory (Mississippi) in 1799....I am Southern Bred, and Southern Born ~~~ An American By Birth and a Southerner By The Grace of God.

I do however have to admit....I am totally embarrassed at the likes of Paula Deen Y'all. I mean Y'all she is a very,very poor ambassador Y'all for the Southern Cause Y'all...Ya'll know what I mean.. Y'all? :rolleyes:

Y'all have to realize she gets paid by the Y'all, Y'all.

Sandra Lee - She always appears to be drunk.
Martha Stewart - She is not a chief, she is a actress and a bad one at that!
Emeril - He missed his calling in life, he should have been a used car salesman.
The Neelys - They are so sickening sweet..

I don't like to watch the cooking shows on the Food network. They are too depressing to watch these people in half an hour put out such a beautiful spread that everyone raves over while maintaining an immaculate kitchen and not a single stain on the shirt or sweat on the brow. Makes me feel so inadequate. I know that they have all sorts of production helpers but it still is just too much for me to handle. I may try recipes but from these folks but I don't particularly like to watch them. The one show I do like is Bobby Flay's throwdown. It's fun to see him fiddle with a specific dish that is popular in a region.
Paula Deen - tired of her nasal voice
Rachel Ray - too hyper

I love this list. I don't like most of these mentioned, and a lot have affectations I find fakey. I've given up on the TV food network and only watch the Saturday morning PBS fare. I also don't like anyone who is really noisy. The only thing I can think of is they're trying to appeal to young male viewers. For example, there are Emeril shows I liked, where he didn't to the "Bam!" theatricals. If I wanted vaudeville, I wouldn't turn to cooking shows!

I agree with everything that has been said. I like Ina's recipes, but she does seem quite the snob.I'd really rather just look up her recipes. As for the others mentioned it isn't worth listening to any of them.

First and foremost Tyler Florence, because he stole one of the recipes I posted on the old Food Network boards.

Ina Garten because she uses WAY too much salt in everything she cooks, and, as my son once said after watching her for about 5 minutes, "That woman ain't fat, she's just full of herself!"

Ann Burell, because she refuses to admit that she is Guy Fieri in drag!

And last, but not least, the Dean brothers because they are do nothing, know nothing wannabes, taking a free ride on their mother's coat tails.

I think I could probably come up with a much shorter list of the ones that I like. Although there are a few notable exceptions, I find most of the Food Network "chefs" to be fluff celebrities that happen to know how to cook.

Call me old school, but I still prefer many of the classic public television cooking shows.

I won't call names I have my likes and dislikes. But being rude and nasty is not my thing. I find I've learned from each of theses cooks. Not all are chefs but they have something to give us if we just take a minute and listen. If you really find any one of them hard to take. Look else where for a cooking lessen.
kades:)

I too have learned a lot from all of them! Each has his/her own little pecadillos.

Anthony Bourdain (his pretentiousness is a turnoff)

Emeril (his grammar is horrific, he says the word "little" in almost every sentence, I think he is a good chef, I just can't stand to listen to him)

Sandra Lee, no explanation needed.....

The Neelys, OMG what a trainwreck.

I liked the Paula Deen, before she became a brand. I like her first cookbooks, they are full of solid down home recipes. She has just become a character in a "cooking' show, more gimmick than substance.

I really love Ina Gartens recipes, they are great. But she comes off as insincere as a person, kind of "fake". She doesn't have a persona that the middle class can relate to.

I don't consider Martha Stewart a "chef" she is more of a lifestyle guru and really good at it. Her recipes are solid.

Food Network was once my favorite network, but not anymore. What started out as a channel to learn and get new ideas, has turned into a circus of competition shows and gimmicky "chefs". I actually don't even have cable anymore, there was a long time that I kept cable just for that network, but they have screwed it up so bad, that I don't feel the need for cable at all anymore.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom