Comfort Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

.lavieenrose.

Assistant Cook
What are some of your favorite comfort foods? Are they typical to your location or is it just a family type comfort meal?

Yep, gotta have gravy.
Chicken and biscuits, open faced sandwiches like meatloaf or turkey... something with gravy and mashed potatoes are a plus.

Mushroom soup.....actually anything with mushrooms!
Chicken Pot Pie or Chicken and Dumplings (The gravy thing)
Pasta with Cream Sauce (can include mushrooms!)

Mushrooms Gratin Dinner with Neil Diamond...:angel:
Princess, I almost choked on my cinnamon bun.....but yeah, that would be the ultimate in comfort! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Actually, I think I would change it up a bit. Mushrooms Gratin Dinner with DH.....with Neil Diamond Serenading us with his guitar ;)

For me comfort food is a good ole Sunday dinner.

Roast pork or chicken
Mashed potato with gravy
Two veg.
Cabbage salad
Rolls, biscuits or corn bread
Pie with sharp cheese or whipped cream

When I was a kid the thought of a meal like that got me through more than one long winded service!

Last edited:
Roast Beef - stuffed with fresh garlic
Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
Corn and Lima Beans
Steamed Broccoli
Buttermilk Biscuits with Butter and Honey

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Chicken Noodle soup
Grilled cheese with sliced tomato on pumpernickel.
Chocolate!

More of a family thing for me (since we're Italian ;D ) but I love almost any comfort food...Lasagna, ravioli, beef stroganoff, mac n cheese, pizza...do desserts count? haha

More of a family thing for me (since we're Italian ;D ) but I love almost any comfort food...Lasagna, ravioli, beef stroganoff, mac n cheese, pizza...do desserts count? haha

Any food that makes you feel warm and loved is considered comfort food...dessert, crackers and cheese, crisp apples...it's whatever makes you happy!:)

I'm with the gravy crowd! When I was having some really bad kidney stone episodes a few years ago I had poor James running off to KFC for potatoes and gravy every couple days!

Mashed potatoes and gravy, beef stew, etc. are big-time comfort foods for me. Also macaroni and cheese, chili, homemade breads, and on occasion a pound box of See's assorted milk chocolates. :rolleyes:

A few more I forgot to mention:
I'm a sucker for Beef and onion pie with gravy and something about KFC mash and gravy has me hooked! I think they put a drug in it..lol!

Steak and kidney pudding with french fries and mushy peas, for pud Spotted Dick and custard.

Back
Top Bottom