Avocado aioli

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BillyJonesJr

Assistant Cook
I'm looking for a spicy avocado aioli recipe... I ate at a restaurant in Texas called El Polio Regio, and they had this amazing hot sauce made with avocado.. I'm assuming it was an aioli sauce but I'm not sure? It's a Monterrey Mexico restaurant.. Maybe I'm wrong? Any suggestions or guidance would be most appreciated

THANKS!

I'm sure they used mayonnaise or a creme fresh in the sauce... maybe even an avocado pulp... the consistency of spicy quac doesn't fit... It had a thick salsa puree consistency... almost like a white gravy...

It's entirely possible to make an aioli that includes avocado. It might be something as easy as combining guac. with mayonnaise.

It's entirely possible to make an aioli that includes avocado. It might be something as easy as combining guac. with mayonnaise.

I figured the same.. It came out ok.. but not great... The taste was there but the thickness and consistency was off... Using mayo in a Mexican sauce is just off setting to me.. Should I be using a sour cream?

Sour cream would be more appropriate. However, I got the impression you were trying to duplicate a restaurant recipe and said it included mayo.

I'm looking for a spicy avocado aioli recipe... I ate at a restaurant in Texas called El Polio Regio, and they had this amazing hot sauce made with avocado.. I'm assuming it was an aioli sauce but I'm not sure? It's a Monterrey Mexico restaurant.. Maybe I'm wrong? Any suggestions or guidance would be most appreciated

THANKS!

Aioli is a garlic mayonnaise sauce. I can't imagine avocado in mayonnaise. Was it like that?

Instead of Mayonnaise, could they have possibly used Mexican Crema for the creamy base? Did you try calling them and asking them for the recipe? We were recently on a trip to the East Coast and in NYC dh had a particular dish that he loved and wanted me to recreate here at home. I called them up and they gave me the recipe over the phone. All they can say is, "No". ;)

Instead of Mayonnaise, could they have possibly used Mexican Crema for the creamy base? Did you try calling them and asking them for the recipe? We were recently on a trip to the East Coast and in NYC dh had a particular dish that he loved and wanted me to recreate here at home. I called them up and they gave me the recipe over the phone. All they can say is, "No". ;)

I tried both... mayonnaise and a mexican "crema".. the cream came out watery vs the mayo.. I'll try and give them a call.... That's a good idea....

Thanks for the help everyone...

Back
Top Bottom