Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   How did you first find/join dc? (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/how-did-you-first-find-join-dc-73497.html)

vitauta 07-11-2011 06:28 AM

How did you first find/join dc?

i was looking up the definition of the word "savory". a young chef on tv had referred to a rhubarb pie as being savory, and i thought this was a misuse of the term. my search led me directly to the dc thread "define savory" and a lively discussion/debate of the topic by several dc members. i was hooked right there on the spot. i came away without a clear definition for the term savory, but i know i still wouldn't use it to describe rhubarb.:smile:

SherryDAmore 07-11-2011 06:34 AM

I was looking for something, (don't remember what) and a link for this board popped up. Glad it happened:smile:

Snip 13 07-11-2011 06:40 AM

I was looking for a chat site about something that interests me since my husband is on one about Sport, so I googled discuss cooking ans guess what popped up? ..lol!

jabbur 07-11-2011 09:20 AM

I was searching for info on oatmeal flour to replace wheat flour in a recipe for my niece who is allergic. Stuck around for several years now.

PrincessFiona60 07-11-2011 09:23 AM

I'm guessing it was a food related question...I don't even remember, but I knew I was Home.

Alix 07-11-2011 10:46 AM

Long ago when the earth was new...kidding! Seriously though, I was on another cooking site (liked it there, but my computer clashed with it) and one of the members there was Bubbagourmet and someone mentioned this site (Barbara was that you?) I moved over in about 2001 or 2002 and never looked back.

Zhizara 07-11-2011 11:12 AM

I had just joined in 2008 when life happened. Lots of problems, lots of changes. I found DC again last summer when I tried to register it told me my name/password were taken so I knew I must have signed up at some point.

Life has settled down and I fell in love with DC/DCers.

I was already a good cook (so they tell me), but tired of the same old dishes. The recipes and ideas here inspire me to improve and change.

I learned to keep notes when trying something new, and even started pages for the same old recipes, adding notes when I make it again with any changes, and whether it was good or bad.

Barbara L 07-11-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alix (Post 1022032)
Long ago when the earth was new...kidding! Seriously though, I was on another cooking site (liked it there, but my computer clashed with it) and one of the members there was Bubbagourmet and someone mentioned this site (Barbara was that you?) I moved over in about 2001 or 2002 and never looked back.

Yep! I joined after Bubbagourmet invited me, and I immediately invited you! I am still at the other site, which I paid the lifetime membership for (and have been happy with), but between the two sites I spend about 95% here and 5% there. What can I say? I love it here! :cool:

Alix 07-11-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara L (Post 1022047)
Yep! I joined after Bubbagourmet invited me, and I immediately invited you! I am still at the other site, which I paid the lifetime membership for (and have been happy with), but between the two sites I spend about 95% here and 5% there. What can I say? I love it here! :cool:

Don't get me started on the lifetime membership squabble I had with those people. Canadians pay double...I don't think so. Say hello to Margie and Mike and anyone else who might remember me.

licia 07-11-2011 01:01 PM

I was searching for a recipe for "Crunchy pea salad" and was led to this site. I don't remember if there was a recipe but I still haven't found the one I wanted.