How did you first find/join dc?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vitauta

Executive Chef
i was looking up the definition of the word "savory". a young chef on tv had referred to a rhubarb pie as being savory, and i thought this was a misuse of the term. my search led me directly to the dc thread "define savory" and a lively discussion/debate of the topic by several dc members. i was hooked right there on the spot. i came away without a clear definition for the term savory, but i know i still wouldn't use it to describe rhubarb.:)

I was looking for a chat site about something that interests me since my husband is on one about Sport, so I googled discuss cooking ans guess what popped up? ..lol!

I was searching for info on oatmeal flour to replace wheat flour in a recipe for my niece who is allergic. Stuck around for several years now.

I'm guessing it was a food related question...I don't even remember, but I knew I was Home.

Long ago when the earth was new...kidding! Seriously though, I was on another cooking site (liked it there, but my computer clashed with it) and one of the members there was Bubbagourmet and someone mentioned this site (Barbara was that you?) I moved over in about 2001 or 2002 and never looked back.

I had just joined in 2008 when life happened. Lots of problems, lots of changes. I found DC again last summer when I tried to register it told me my name/password were taken so I knew I must have signed up at some point.

Life has settled down and I fell in love with DC/DCers.

I was already a good cook (so they tell me), but tired of the same old dishes. The recipes and ideas here inspire me to improve and change.

I learned to keep notes when trying something new, and even started pages for the same old recipes, adding notes when I make it again with any changes, and whether it was good or bad.

Long ago when the earth was new...kidding! Seriously though, I was on another cooking site (liked it there, but my computer clashed with it) and one of the members there was Bubbagourmet and someone mentioned this site (Barbara was that you?) I moved over in about 2001 or 2002 and never looked back.
Yep! I joined after Bubbagourmet invited me, and I immediately invited you! I am still at the other site, which I paid the lifetime membership for (and have been happy with), but between the two sites I spend about 95% here and 5% there. What can I say? I love it here! :cool:

Yep! I joined after Bubbagourmet invited me, and I immediately invited you! I am still at the other site, which I paid the lifetime membership for (and have been happy with), but between the two sites I spend about 95% here and 5% there. What can I say? I love it here! :cool:

Don't get me started on the lifetime membership squabble I had with those people. Canadians pay double...I don't think so. Say hello to Margie and Mike and anyone else who might remember me.

I was searching for a recipe for "Crunchy pea salad" and was led to this site. I don't remember if there was a recipe but I still haven't found the one I wanted.

I'm one of many who migrated here when the Food Network board closed down. Others who had been here made me aware and invited me over. They're probably sorry they did.

I did a Google search on how long my chicken thawed on the counter was good for and found a "lively discussion" going on here...... :ermm: Several of them as a matter of fact :angel:

:ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, I was searching new cookware and forums. I always enjoy reading actual opinions on the things I buy and asked my questions here.

Don't get me started on the lifetime membership squabble I had with those people. Canadians pay double...I don't think so. Say hello to Margie and Mike and anyone else who might remember me.
Yes, I will. Margie is also on Facebook. I will send you a friend suggestion. :cool:

I was glad I got the lifetime membership when I did. At this point I wouldn't, but I figured I was young enough that it would be worth it. Also I had a job then--I wouldn't consider it now if only for that reason! I enjoy the magazine and have even gotten to test a few recipes and comment on them, and it was included in the magazine with the tested recipes.

DC is home though. :cool:

I ran away from the foodnetwork bb and haven''t looked back. That place was the biggest nasty I've ever encountered. I tripped over DC in 2004 and and here is where I live. I love DC and the family and friends I've found here. I feel like this is my second home. Love the members and all who dwell here as well.
kades

Whatever happend to Jeekins, and his silly little kitten with the lime on his head picture?

I think I was looking for Kolaches or some such..

Eric, Austin Tx.

I was invited here by someone *looks at the other end of the sofa* and invited again. He thought I would enjoy the board. One day, anything I clicked on brought me to DC. Google searches all defaulted to DC. So I decided to check it out. It was so awesome, I stayed.

Okay, so everything did not default to DC, but I had a dream it was going to happen so logged in as a preventive measure and it was so awesome that I stayed. ;)

Back
Top Bottom