Monday's dinner 11 July, 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just finished making dinner :)
I made curry mince with sweet potato mash. Homemade curry paste, tomatoes and herbs from the garden. Spiced the s/potato slightly. Our sweet potatoes are a cream colour in South Africa and I see on Food Network that they are orange inside. Ours are not really sweet are the orange fleshed ones?

...Our sweet potatoes are a cream colour in South Africa and I see on Food Network that they are orange inside. Ours are not really sweet are the orange fleshed ones?

We have both kinds of sweet potatoes here in the US. The orange ones are sweeter than the white/yellow ones.

I'm thinking pirogi lasagna tonight. I wanted to make it last week but didn't have the sauerkraut. Have it now! Not sure what I'll serve with it just yet. Maybe a garden salad. We'll see.

Lots of leftover roast chicken so it will be a chicken quesadilla for me and "other" chicken for SO - probably salad with chicken and feta or something.

I never have leftover chicken, we're 2 adults and 2 kids and I make roughly a 2kg bird and it still gets eaten giblets and all..lol! I think they might like my roasts at home :)

Ready-Pac bistro salad, veal parmagiana with spaghetti, toasted Italian bread with butter and garlic, and a 2007 Vega Moragona Vinas Viejas Tempranillo

I never have leftover chicken, we're 2 adults and 2 kids and I make roughly a 2kg bird and it still gets eaten giblets and all..lol! I think they might like my roasts at home :)

The chicken I cooked yesterday was over 7 pounds - about 3.0-3.5 Kg. SO and I ate less than half. The rest will go tonight and in some sandwiches/salads.

The chicken I cooked yesterday was over 7 pounds - about 3.0-3.5 Kg. SO and I ate less than half. The rest will go tonight and in some sandwiches/salads.

Wow! Hope you didn't serve too many sides then..lol! The last time I ate that much was when I was a teenager. My mom said I ate her out of the house..lol!
I can still eat the 1.25 kg T-bone at our Local Steakhouse with all the sides but I have to starve all day first.

I did a 9lb chicken for Ken's birthday dinner, it made for some nice leftovers too. Nothing nicer than roast chicken leftovers. MMMMMM! I'm envying you Andy. I read that chimichito recipe and I just wanted to add that I make something very similar with leftover chicken, but I add in a blob of cream cheese to the mixture. It makes everything nice and smooth.

I'm still working on coffee from breakfast. I'm working an evening shift tonight and I'll end up eating at work. I think Ken is on his own tonight as Madeleine is off to her friends for dinner and a sleepover, and Kate is still in France. I made spaghetti last night so likely he will eat that. My dinner will be roast beef and the works. Yummy.

Last edited:
I just had a huge portion of the jambalaya I made yesterday. Two or three more sittings like that and I'll be though with it... I'm bustin' a bead here. I don't remember it being that spicy yesterday, lol.
Tonight, if I'm hungry, will be a couple grilled hot dogs and some potato salad that I like from the town store. I may never make potato salad again.

Shawarma with shish taouk chicken. Couldn't get the right bread so, I will have to go with Naan. White bean with lemon and garlic salad. And will do up some Lebanese garlic sauce, thanks to a poster last week for the inspiration.

Last edited:
DS and his girl are coming for dinner so I won't experiment on them. New menu is baked chicken with stuffing and green beans.

rocklobster, i would really like your recipe for white bean salad. i love white beans.

i have an appointment late this afternoon. so probably just breakfast stuff. easy and i love it too.

Back
Top Bottom