Saturday July 16 - Dinner plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
I'm going to make salsa nacho chicken for dinner. My sister and her family rave about this recipe so I'm giving it a try. I will likely serve a really fresh green salad with it as its pretty complete all on its own, no sides required. Dessert will depend on my inspiration level.

We are having a lovely summer day here .. So we'll fire up the grill and make some burgers and hot dogs with all the fixings. Homemade potato salad and sliced homegrown cucumbers on the side.

Enjoy the day!

Leftovers here. The fridge is full so before I make anything new, I need to get rid of some the old. There's taco meat, mac and cheese, chicken and rice, kidney bean salad, asparagus, green beans. I'll set it all out and we'll make up plates and microwave whatever we want.

Family outing at SIL's home. We're taking a variety of desserts, sesame noodles, spinach dip in a bread bowl.

We have tomatoes, finally!! I have some wonderful homegrown fresh tomatoes that I will use in pasta aglio e olio. Just regular aglio e olio, but I saute some freshly diced tomatoes and shallots with the garlic and olive oil. Basil is going gangbusters, so I'll toss a big bunch in at the end. We also have lovely lettuce, so a tossed salad as a side. Nice and light for a hot summer night.

We had our dinner already. Made the Tortillas, the beef strips were tender and delicious. I made an Indian curry marinade and it softened the meat beautifully. Just ended up serving it with sour cream, crisp lettuce and very ripe tomatoes from the garden.
Were not big dessert eaters so no puds once again :)

We are having my sister over for a double celebration - belated birthday for her, and a homecoming for our Dad.

I am making ham with scalloped potatoes, corn on the cob, grilled fresh pineapple and steamed carrots. Dessert will be triple chocolate brownies with home made chocolate ice cream, strawberry coulis and chocolate sauce.

We have tomatoes, finally!! I have some wonderful homegrown fresh tomatoes that I will use in pasta aglio e olio. Just regular aglio e olio, but I saute some freshly diced tomatoes and shallots with the garlic and olive oil. Basil is going gangbusters, so I'll toss a big bunch in at the end. We also have lovely lettuce, so a tossed salad as a side. Nice and light for a hot summer night.

This hits me where I live. Sounds fabulous.

I'm doing veal marsala, garlic & parmesan orzo, broccoli rabe with olive, and an antipasto plate.

Last edited:
I wish any of you were here to cook for us. After being out and working in the yard all day I was just too tired to cook. I had a veggie wrap and SO had a cucumber sandwich and sliced tomatoes.

Back
Top Bottom