What's for Dinner? (Sunday 17th of July)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure yet, I'm just having my morning coffee. I still have to check the sales, plan this week's meals and make the grocery list.

Probably the same thing I made last night, Rachel sandwiches. I could eat those things every day... which is why I left the skillet on the stove.

My husband smoked two boston butts yesterday. We are having pulled pork, potato salad and cole slaw.

It's gping to be 34C today, so I'm making RecipeSource: Salsa And Three Bean Salad

I use homemade salsa, omit the carrots, add fresh corn, cilantro, and skip the chili powder--the salsa is hot enough. I usually don't add any oil. I use black beans, garbanzo beans, and pinto beans. I put everything in a large Tupperware container, make sure the lid is on tightly, and shake to mix. I sometimes add some monterey jack with jalepeno cheese chunks. I often eat this rolled up in a homemade corn tortilla or flour tortilla (warmed for about 10 seconds in the microwave--the tortilla, not the salad). I'll be eating this all week <g>.

Washed it? :ohmy:
It's cast iron and only had butter residue in it, I just wiped it out ;)
I did remember to put a lid on it though... to keep out the dog hair :angel:

My CI is on the stove right now too! Covered for the same reason! HAHAHAHAHA!

I am going to work this evening, there are a few leftovers in the fridge for the folks who will eat dinner here tonight. Our family meal today will be lunch and we will be having tortilla pinwheels and a veggie plate. If we need more I'll make some tuna sandwiches with pickles chopped up in them.

Since it seems as hot as the skillet I cooked this morning's bacon in, we're going to have burgers on the grill with homemade buns, baked beans, sliced cucumbers, radishes, green onions, slaw, iced tea and the last of the peach pie I made earlier this week. That should just about fill the hole.

Made some sour cream dressing for the salad with the Crispy wings and Drumsticks, yum can''t wait. Love crispy wings and haven't had salad in weeks with the cold weather :)

Smoked turkey breast, roasted red potatoes, tossed salad and a really cool fresh fruit tart that SO makes. I'll try to remember to take a picture of it.

Mediterranean event today...hummus felafel tabbouleh gyro 3 ways (lamb pork or chicken)
got a mess of folks coming over and wanted to use stuff from the freezer, butcher up a lot of stuff, and have versatile leftovers too! The lemon and Greek oregano is awesome!

Back
Top Bottom