Tuesday July 19th What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jessica_Morris

Senior Cook
Tonight we'll be having Grilled Hamburgers and Hot dogs with French Fries and maybe a salad.

We moved into a new apartment a couple of weeks ago and went from having a gas grill to a charcoal grill. DHs never used Charcoal so we shall see how this works out :)

I took sausage and peppers out of the freezer this morning. Just don't want to cook in this heat. we haven't had a week this hot since the late 80's. I've already made a salad to go with it.

Probably will have spaghetti and a salad. I plan on spending the say sorting through old clothes of my boys and getting rid of them so I won't have a lot of time for cooking.

Nothing will be cooking at my house, but filet mignons will be cooking at my father's. I do not know what else he has in store.

I have some nice prime dry aged filets to go on the grill with corn on the cob and a salad (tomatoes, peppers and onions will be from the garden).

We might get rained out, but will have the steaks. :)

HOT, HOT, HOT here too .. dinner tonight will be shrimp scampi over spaghetti, garlic bread, and sliced home-grown tomatoes. Stay cool everyone.

Cuke freezer pickles and.....drum roll....boiled and chilled shrimp!

Heat index predicted to be 120 tomorrow. Better boil enough shrimp now, when it's only 115.

Last edited:
Wow Dawglover--120! I find 35C hot! And yes, it is too hot to cook, I did all my cooking for the GCC challenge. Now I have to eat more of the 3-bean Salsa Salad...and grill a steak. Isn't it ironic that during the hottest time of the year, we have all that garden produce to process?

CWS4322 said:
Wow Dawglover--120! I find 35C hot! And yes, it is too hot to cook, I did all my cooking for the GCC challenge. Now I have to eat more of the 3-bean Salsa Salad...and grill a steak. Isn't it ironic that during the hottest time of the year, we have all that garden produce to process?

Yummy! Your stuff sounds fantastic!

I can't believe we just got back from Cozumel last week, where it's 20 degrees cooler!

I'm not looking forward to being closer to SK and MB.

Thanks re: the picnic stuff. I had fun doing it. The only thing that was really time consuming were the grape leaves...everything else was 20-30 minutes to prep. I'm a rudimentary cook--so this stretched my brain a bit.

If you can paddle a canoe, we have an extra canoe and you're welcome to join us tomorrow!

Last edited:
CWS4322 said:
I'm not looking forward to being closer to SK and MB.

Thanks re: the picnic stuff. I had fun doing it. The only thing that was really time consuming were the grape leaves...everything else was 20-30 minutes to prep. I'm a rudimentary cook--so this stretched my brain a bit.

If you can paddle a canoe, we have an extra canoe and you're welcome to join us tomorrow!

I wouldn't call what you have done "rudimentary". You are very skilled!

Ah, canoeing, love it. I wish!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom