Dinner this Saturday, July 23rd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
we were supposed to go to my family's yearly summer get -together at my sister's estate today, but the little guy came diwn with something really bad so we'll be home today.
i wonder if dw will put him back in this summer camp after he recovers. he's only been at camp 2 weeks (a week before my vacation, and this past week afterwards), and he's gotten sick both times.

when i've picked him up each afternoon this week, i noticed the air conditioner was sadly insufficient keeping the room just barely sane in the 100 degree heat, but the room is getting increasingly dirty and stunk of urine and smelly kids.

i hope he doesn't mind spending more time at home with his papa.

anway, since we'll be home, i'm trying to decide what to make today. i went food shopping on the way home yesterday, so we have a choice of grilled sirloin tip steaks, grilled/sbr-sauced chicken thighs, turkey meatballs in a garlic and fresh basil tomato sauce, veal shoulder chops and peppers marinara, or scungilli fra diavolo.

what do you think i should make? whatever you guys choose, i'll make it and post pics.

so, what are you cooking or eating this saturday, the last in july 2011?

Last edited:
Funny you asked that Tom mate the interview was short and they have promised PD's next time;)
It's Saturday? I thought this year was a leap y....... in the dark

Last edited:
do they have leap year over there?

i'd think the upper crust would just cough and ramble a bit, figuring the extra time was a kickback from the vat, and wait until the calendars arranged themselves properly.

so, what are you cooking today, monsieur bolas?

it should be inspired, and you must name whatever it is "a la buckytom".

My vote is for the thighs, Tom. I almost bought some yesterday and probably will today, along with some more corn on the cob. For all the wings I grill, they just aren't the same as the dark meat of a well grilled chicken thigh.

I have left over chicken, so I'm making Curry Pasta Salad. That's it. Dashboard thermometer read 101 on the way home yesterday.....

My vote is for the thighs, Tom. I almost bought some yesterday and probably will today, along with some more corn on the cob. For all the wings I grill, they just aren't the same as the dark meat of a well grilled chicken thigh.

I only buy dark meat, we only have chicken breast if I buy whole chickens :LOL:
I find chicken breast dull and it lacks flavour! My favourite cut thigh with the leg still attached :)

Lot's of bug chewed stuff (that does not go particularly well together) from our local CSA-
swiss chard
scallions
turnips

salad or stir fry mix, or arugala
kale or collard greens
cucumbers
possibly tomatos

eggplant
summer squash and zucchini
'Main course' will probably be a ceci bean salad.

I'm thinking burgers on the grill. I have some in the freezer that can just be plopped on a grill. Got lettuce and tomato and half a package of bacon that I'll fry up and we'll have salads and have some chips too.

Ended up making the stirfry with strips of beef fillet cooked medium rare, red bell pepper, sugar snaps, zuchini, french beans, onion and homemade sweet and sour sauce with a hint of chili and served it with sticky rice :)

good luck rf.

snip, that sounds delicious.

i just stopped off at dw's oft visited asian health food and voodoo emporium, and picked up organic wonton and veggie soup, gluten free organic chicken and brown rice dim sum, and a teryaki tofu chicken (i call it fakeyaki) wrap.

and a summer dream shake made from organic fruit and organic ice.:rolleyes:

good luck rf.

snip, that sounds delicious.

i just stopped off at dw's oft visited asian health food and voodoo emporium, and picked up organic wonton and veggie soup, gluten free organic chicken and brown rice dim sum, and a teryaki tofu chicken (i call it fakeyaki) wrap.

and a summer dream shake made from organic fruit and organic ice.:rolleyes:

It was good thanks :) but I want your wonton soup and dim sum :( sounds scrummy! "lick lip" Minus the tofu lol ! me no likes.

Sounds good Claire, shake up some tropical cocktails and dance while you cook lol !
Put the lime in the coconut and shake it all up.... wooo hooo!

The last two ribeyes from the freezer are going on the grill tonight with a tossed salad and a starch of some kind.

The last two ribeyes from the freezer are going on the grill tonight with a tossed salad and a starch of some kind.

I've got a whole freezer stacked with ribeye steaks! Got a good special at my butcher, only paid P40 per kg (about $6)
Actually running out of ideas what to do with it all :( I've even made stew! lol

Well... the air-conditioning and Miami Vice reruns called to me more than running to the grocery store in the city did, so my new dinner plans are steak from the freezer, garlic bread and I'm thinking some puttanesca over gnocchi.

since i didn't eat brunch til 3 p.m. am not sure there will even be dinner. i have leftover pork ribs. ziti, and taco casserole to chose from. just in case i do get hungry later.

for brunch i made an egg sandwich with green chilies and cheddar cheese on french bread that i toasted and fritos. yummy and filling.

Back
Top Bottom