Is my "brown jambalaya" brown enough?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hyperion

Senior Cook
The way I did it was, I first made blackened chicken breast (see below), and then brown the sausage, to the point where I think if I cook it longer it'll be too dry. I then cooked the vegetables, add stock, and boiled for 30 minutes before adding rice.

Blackened chicken breast: chicken breast seasoned with salt and pepper, dipped in spice butter (butter cooked with cajun spice), and then seared in a hot cast iron skillet.

Honestly I never had cajun jambalaya in a restaurant before, so I don't think how it's supposed to look like. Does mine have enough "brown" to be considered proper color?

3494g0z.jpg

It looks good!!! ~The question is... Did it taste good???? ~ Judge your jambalaya by the way it taste...not by it's color. ~ If you enjoyed it...had fun making it...then it was a success for you.....

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Exactly.
Brown enough for who? According to a lot of the responses on your other thread, it might be authentic brown, or it might be true brown, lol.
As long as it was tastes good brown ;^)

lol. I just never had cajun jambo before so I really don't know what I should expect.
Yea it does taste good, slighty saltier than what I call perfect, and it's pleasantly spicy, even though a little above my threshold since I hardly ever eat spicy food

Back
Top Bottom