Tomatillo and Courgettes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bolas De Fraile

Executive Chef
This is the first time I have grown Tomatillo's and I seem to be in for a good crop, I dont know much about Mexican food so what do you do with them.
My courgettes grow monster every year and I always plant to many recipes please.
Clic on pics to make bigger garden & BBQ 463.jpg

garden & BBQ 459.jpg

I've only ever made Salsa Verde or Pork Green Chili with tomatillos...As for the Zucchini...pick it before it's monster and pickle them.

Large zucchini can be grated / shredded an cooked in a flour, butter, vinegar, and sour cream sauce. This dish can be eaten hot or at near room temperature.
They can also be baked stuffed with a ground beef and or pork sausage, breadcrumb, egg, grated cheese, pepperoncini, and minced squash innards filling topped with mozzarella and a tomato sauce.

Last edited:
I'll be making salsa verde with tomatillos tonight for dinner. The zucchini fritters were last night.

What I meant to say is the plant are monsters as shown in the better pic, we use the small any that we miss that grow "monster" we stuff or let them grow 3xmonster and make hooch with them. I find I cook them the same ways,garden & BBQ 461.jpg so I was looking for inspiration.

Love your veg garden! It looks great. I use tomatillos for salsa as Picanis said and I make a relish with added chilli and onion. They are also good for making chutney and jam. They make a lovely soup too and many more things. Let me know if you want the relish, chutney or jam recipe :)

I always have plenty of courgettes this time of year - I like to fry some chopped smoked bacon, courgette and garlic. Mix in with some creme fraiche and cooked pasta. Grate some mature cheese on top for a fantastic light lunch.

Back
Top Bottom