Salsa Mac

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
Salsa Mac

Yield: 4 servings
1 pkg (14.25-oz.) or 2 (7.25-oz.) boxes macaroni and cheese, prepared according to package directions
8 oz lean ground beef or turkey
1 cup ORTEGA® Thick & Chunky Salsa
Procedures
1 COOK beef in medium skillet, stirring frequently, until no longer pink. Stir beef and salsa into prepared macaroni and cheese. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring frequently, until mixture is heated through

This sounds good Rainee - I bet it would really be good with the shell mac and cheese where the cheese is in a foil packet. Thanks for the recipe.

Bucky, it's much better than the powdered cheese in the other boxes of mac & cheese.

I agree with you kitchenelf. This looks like one of those good quick busy night meals.

lol buckytom!!!! It's kind of like a creamy style Velveeta - and as crewsk said - better than the powdered version. I can't remember what brand the shell/packet is but it makes a LOT of sauce - it's nice and thick and plentiful to take the other ingredients.

Try it buckytom - be brave :P ;)

lol, i've had it and agree elfie and crewsk. i haven't had mac and cheese in a few years tho. i think the last time i made it was some organic version made with whole wheat pasta. i remember the brand was a woman's name and there was a bunny on the label, certifying that it was organic. :roll:
it had the powdered cheese, so i mixed it first to make a gooey paste, then added it to the mac. it sucked eggs anyway. the foil packet cheese is the way to go...

Back
Top Bottom