Dinner Wednesday 3rd of Aug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I outta do something with all those mushrooms that I bought before they start turning brown...

At the moment I think it will be eggs in some fashion, bacon if I have any, pan fried taters. But one never knows what may happen later. LOL

Mushroom risotto.

That had crossed my mind. Good suggestion.
I've only made rissoto with dried porcini and crimini, but white shrooms should work. They might still need the porcini for additional flavor though.

Must use up half a dozen eggs since I just bought another dozen. I have a Knorr vegetable soup mix and some ham pieces out of the freezer -- sounds like a quiche is in my future. The only question now is, crust or crustless. I love crust, but the calories...

Must use up half a dozen eggs since I just bought another dozen. I have a Knorr vegetable soup mix and some ham pieces out of the freezer -- sounds like a quiche is in my future. The only question now is, crust or crustless. I love crust, but the calories...

Make a thin crust :LOL: and add some salad for good measure!

So many people are having lasagna lately. I realized I had everything on hand so lasagna is in the oven.

I had four hot dogs for lunch...
Maybe I'll just make some mushroom and swiss quesadillas for supper. Maybe I'll make a couple tortilla pizzas even. That will be a good use for the pico I made over the weekend. Tortilla pizzas with mushrooms, swiss and pico.

Nothing is set in stone yet. I have ground beef thawing. Most likely something quick and simple--brown the ground beef, throw in a few things like tomatoes, spices, onions, macaroni or noodles. Hmmmmm, with all this lasagna talk, maybe I'll add some mozzarella and make it into a skillet lasagna.

Ok, we are having skillet lasagna. :cool:

Got my sweet little Cameron stove top smoker from Amazon today, fixing to smoke some swai filets for an experiment, maybe along with some peppers and tomatoes.

Pork sirloin pan fried in my CI skillet with sliced onions which will become part of a gravy to top it all off.

Back
Top Bottom